[solved] Problem with Search function Youtube (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

apidia

October 12, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi all,

When i do a search in Youtube within the latest version of onlinevideos he won't give me none or only a couple of results..

In previous version i always got many results for the same search.

For example: i did a search for Led zeppelin whole lot of love.

I only get a couple of results. Those are clips from Dutch bands covering this song.

If i do a search from the website i get the official video clip etc....

So it seems he only searches for results in my own country??? (i am dutch)

Are my settings wrong do others have the same problem?

Thnx in advance!

Apidia.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The latest version has the localization enabled by default. It will try to gather results in you language. You can disable that in Plugin's Configuration when selecting YouTube and on the right side set localize to false. Don't forget to save.

apidia

October 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thnx for the very fast reply!

tested it and it works!

oh and by the way.

just wan't to say that the onlinevideo plugin is great! So thanks all for the great work!

CHeers apidia

Statick

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hey, i just found this post after searching the forums about this same problem

i think this option should be disabled by default - it's not the behaviour of the youtube website search, so it means this behaviour is unexpected. really, the plugin search results should match the website search results. it makes it much harder or sometimes even impossible to find some videos, and as this option cannot be changed in the GUI it's not obvious that there's even a configuration problem. i already looked in the config to see if there was something wrong, and didn't see anything because the localization option is difficult to find (the scrollable area looks like information being displayed, not things that we can change, and even then you have to scroll to find "localization").

also even if it was easy to find, and obvious that we could change it, it doesn't in any way suggest "i'm going to completely hide 80% of search results from you if i'm enabled". it's just the word "localization" which could easily mean many things (such as, put localized results at the top).

anyway, great plugin - just adding my feedback is all!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom