[solved]Recording from combined channels (1 Viewer)

muss02

Portal Member
January 1, 2011
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
Windows Version: WinXP SP3
CPU Type: dual core AMD
HDD: 250GB IDE drive
Memory: 4Gb
Video Card: ATI Radeon 1550
Sound Card: onboard
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1850
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast
Power Supply: 500W

I just recently got mediaportal working great with my Analog tuner including getting the EPG grabber set and it works beautifully. I then used the second tuner(ATSC) and scanned for stations. I found all my stations and found that they all worked and I got great video and audio from them. The problem came in that I didn't want two copies of each station in the TV guide so I tried to combine the like stations on each card. I now expect to be able to record on one and watch on the other or record on both tuners at the same time, but that is not the case. When I am recording and try to change the station it tells me that there is no available cards. Is this a issue with me combining the stations or could there be another issue? If anyone has any insight into this I would appreciat it thanks!

riksmith

Portal Pro
April 18, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Re: Recording from combined channels

6be21cc66e54c339d1f86a19d4e2a678.png

How to gather log files
How to show System Specs
How to start support/bug thread

--- PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT THIS MESSAGE ---
Logs and system specs should always be added - just in case

muss02

Portal Member
January 1, 2011

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
Windows Version: WinXP SP3
CPU Type: dual core AMD
HDD: 250GB IDE drive
Memory: 4Gb
Video Card: ATI Radeon 1550
Sound Card: onboard
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR-1850
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast
Power Supply: 500W

Sorry about that here is the log file. Thanks!

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

Have you by any chance configured you card as hybrid?

A hybrid card has only one tuner that can tune to either an analog channel or an ATSC frequency at a time. According to Happauge, yours is not a hybrid card, it is a real dual tuner one, so it should be configured as two separate tuners/cards.

muss02

Portal Member
    January 1, 2011

I did set it up as a hybrid. I thought I was supposed to set it up as such. I will change it and let you know how it goes. Thanks!

muss02

Portal Member
    January 1, 2011

Well, now I have gone and made a larger mess. I was trying to just get rid of the hybrid group I had created for the two tuner cards and somehow managed to make them unavailable for MP. I have tried removing the tuners all together from MediaPortal. I thought MP would automatically detect the cards and re-list them(such as windows drivers) but that is not the case. I have been searching the forums for a way to get Mediaportal to list them again but I have not found any answers yet. If you have any suggestion I would appreciate it, but I will keep you up to date with the progress. I am optimistic!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Restart the TV Server or restart your computer and they should be redetected...

muss02

Portal Member
    January 1, 2011

I have restarted the computer several times and they still aren't listed.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

In that case, please post new logs since the issue won't be shown in the old logs...

muss02

Portal Member
    January 1, 2011

Well, both problems are now solved. I reinstalled the tuner drivers after which mediaportal recognized them. I then went through the process to detect all of the channels and then combine the like channels from the two tuners. This time I didn't group the tuners together as a hybrid and now everything is working beautifully and I can fully utilize both tuners at the same time. Thanks to all for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom