[SOLVED] X-Factor and my RSS-Feed (1 Viewer)

mike175de

Portal Member
August 15, 2010
Hey folks,

I changed my BasicHome.xml with the integrated skin-editor to the way I prefer. I also activated the rss-feed and changed the location for rss-reading from the plugin-menu to one of the six main-menus. The feeds are working fine in the basic-home.xml. They are scrolling and readable.

But when I want to read the feeds in whole with the new generated menu-point (which is pointing to the myrss.xml-file), I get a blank black screen for a few seconds and then mp switches back to the basic-home.xml. I use as recommended the Info-Service-Plugin and switched off the internal MP-RSS-Plugin as I also intalled the GeckoBrowser.

Is it possible that I don't need the myrss.xml but another xml-File, which is necessary for reading the whole feeds? And if so, which one and where is it located?

At the moment I'm not on my computer so that I can't generate a bug-file, but I will do so if it is necessary for finding a solution.

Any hint is appreciated. :D:D

mike175de

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: X-Factor and my RSS-Feed

Hi,

You should link your new menu entry to the file "infoservice.feeds.xml".

This is already in your basichome: If you press down in your basichome you will focus the RSS image and if you press ok that is the page that will open. But off course you can add it as a menu also.

best regards
    cul8er

mike175de

Portal Member
    August 15, 2010
    Re: X-Factor and my RSS-Feed

thx cul8er for ur very fast answer and especially for ur hard work on this great skin. :D

I will change the poinitng as soon as I am at home.

mike175de

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom