Solving this webserver crashes (1 Viewer)

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i plan to release one final version of the MPWebServices with some fixes and some enhancements to the webservice.

but before the nastiest bug for most of you seems to be quite frequent crashes in the webserver which - unfortunately - i don't have and therefore can't reproduce.

There are 2 possible solutions:

1) Try to use IIS. You just have to create a new website and point the path of this in IIS to the folder where the aspx files reside

2) Try to install Ultidev Cassini WebServer (Download UltiDev Cassini Web Server). It's a free ASP.NET webserver. Although you have to give your email to get the download link, just enter a valid email like "my.email@mydomain.com" and you are forwarded to the download link

Please post your results in this thread.
    After i got some feedback, we will decide to perhaps drop the inbuilt webserver.

:D

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Solving this webserver crashes

gemx
    have you talked to (forgot his name) the guy who codes iPIMP - he uses an integrated apache webserver and it is really stable - haven't seen any instability problems in iPIMP thread.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Apache won't help much since the pages and webservices are all coded in ASP.NET

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Apache won't help much since the pages and webservices are all coded in ASP.NET
    I believe the iPimp pages are in asp.net and it uses the mod_aspdotnet module with apache to host the asp.net pages. It just might be worth taking a second look at disaster123's suggestion.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oops, yep, you were right.

Didn't realize that iPimp also uses ASP.NET :oops:

Ok, just checked it.

The problem is that ipimp installs a full apache webserver including asp.net module.

I am rather searching for light-weight webserver that - ideally - comes in the form of an assembly

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Solving this webserver crashes

Wasn't fast enough :) OK apache isn't really leightweight BUT stable :)

Khurram

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Pakistan Pakistan
    Is it possible to install MPWebServices to use an existing Apache web server? My system already has Apache running and I would like to use it for MPWebServices (also) :)

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yup, no problem.
    Just configure the htdocs path as asp.net website in apache and you are done.
    You just have to choose another port then the one in TvPlugin

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom