Windows Version: Win Media Center
Video Card: ATI 9600 XT
Sound Card: Sound Blaster Live
1. TV Card: Twinhan Mantis CI
MPEG2 Video Codec: ATI Codec
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Satelite
Remote: MCE

Basically I can watch DVDs with Media Portal. But yesterday I inserted the DVD "Bourne 2 - Supremacy" and the following happend: first it starts with the Universal Intro (that works fine) and when that is finished, the screen goes black. Only open the DVD Drive gets me back to MP. I tried different Video and Audio codecs and also tried to switch the flag in the setup for Navigation issues.

After that I tried watching the DVD with Media Player Classic (free Player) and that worked. Any ideas?

Thanks, Rainer

jiih

Portal Member
August 6, 2006
Hi,

I'm also having some issues with DVD playback. Sometimes the screen goes blank in the menus or in when starting the movie, but the sound is still there. Sometimes it just happens when skipping the intro chapters. This has happened with different movies, so I don't think it is related with the particular DVD. Changing video codec does not fix the problem.

If anyone else has experienced such problems please reply and provide us with solution. Thanks.

jiih

LiquidSky

Portal Member
December 22, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Same here. I Usually rip the DVD to the hard disk with DVDDecrypter and play them from there. Sometimes the intro plays fine, then screen goes blank and audio continues. With some movies I can solve this by pressing the DVD menu button on the remote, with others this doesn't work. If the menu appears the rest of the DVD plays fine.

It looks to me that this has something to do with unskippable video like copyright notices and forced movie trailers, but I could be wrong.

The same DVD files play fine in Media Player Classic and VLC media player.

LS

mr.white

Portal Member
June 13, 2004
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Same here

And this is an old problem for me and i hope someone can fix it soon.

When i play the movie in power dvd its fine so nothing wrong with the dvd.

If someone wants the log please tell me witch and i ad it.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Please state MP version.

I had trouble with latest SVN - but when using older SVN (15.1) all is OK.

Might be due to the drive-speed-thingy.

LiquidSky

Portal Member
    December 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'm using MP latest stable release 0.2.2.0, but I had the same problem on 0.2.1.0

MediaPortal Version: 0.2.2.0
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP2
    Video Card: nVidia Gforce 7600GS
    Sound Card: Hauzentech HDA-XPlosion
    TV Card: Twinhan Cab CI Mantis (#2033)
    MPEG2 Video Codec: MPV
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    could it be cd CD-Speed, which i introduced recently?
    i will include a switch in the config and disable it as a default.

LiquidSky

Portal Member
    December 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I'm playing ripped DVD's from harddisk... Rips play fine in VLC, Media Player Classic and PowerDVD

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah I have problems too. I select play DVD; screen goes blank (Blue 2 Backgroud) drive reads like crazzy then the stops reading. MP hangs and goes to 100% CPU. Also a small bug in configuration; after applying the SVNs that have the cd/dvd speed feature and trying to go "Ok" in configuration it threw an error about input string being incorrectly formated. (Quit or continue) I found that in the cd/dvd speed it was set to 65350 or someting huge. when I reset it to 24 speed I was able to go "ok" to save and exit configuration.

Cheers Hwahrmann! thanks for your time and effort, I think the cd/dvd speed feature is a great idea, anything that reduces noise from the media pc is good! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom