Portal Member
July 29, 2011
MediaPortal Version: 1.2 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: Blue Wide
Windows Version: Win 7 Prof. x86
CPU Type: Amd E-350

Hi guys,

I am new to Mediaportal and there are two thing that i dont like:
  1. When Mediaportal is autostarted with Windows, the font size is way to high. If I close MP and start it manually, the problem is solved, but this is annyoing.
  2. When I want to stop TV I am always asked: "Dou you really want to stop Live TV ?" This is also annoying, but I did not find a way do deactivate this.

Are there any ways to fix this?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    When Mediaportal is autostarted with Windows, the font size is way to high. If I close MP and start it manually, the problem is solved, but this is annyoing.

I haven't heard anyone to report such issue. Please supply full logs about that issue, to see if there is something in the logs that could help troubleshooting it.

When I want to stop TV I am always asked: "Dou you really want to stop Live TV ?" This is also annoying, but I did not find a way do deactivate this.

Currently there aren't any setting or way to change that behavior. If you press the stop outside the full screen tv then it wont ask that question.

domb

Portal Pro
    October 30, 2006
    When I want to stop TV I am always asked: "Dou you really want to stop Live TV ?" This is also annoying, but I did not find a way do deactivate this.

Currently there aren't any setting or way to change that behavior. If you press the stop outside the full screen tv then it wont ask that question.[/QUOTE]

I agree that is quite annoying.

onkelbonus

Portal Member
    July 29, 2011
    AW: Some Issues with MP 1.2 Beta

Yeah my workaround was to create a macro In eventghost (I use it because I have the Hama MCE Remote) that goes to Homescreen and then presses stop.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I guess that the reason for this (really quite annoying behaviour) is, that pressing stop on live TV will remove the current time shift buffer. So if you have a 3 hour buffer ahead of you and you accidentally press stop (instead of pause maybe) this buffer is gone forever.

But having an option to disable this would be possible, so it needs a feature request. Even better (in my opinion) would be not to delete the buffer immediatly, but to delay that for a while.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh and for issue 1: Sounds like a (strange) High DPI settings issue. Did you set Windows to use larger fonts? There might be a workaround starting MP with a little delay or setting the default users DPI setting to the same setting you use.

onkelbonus

Portal Member
    July 29, 2011
    AW: Some Issues with MP 1.2 Beta

Yes I did that, but after setting font size in Windows back to 100%, I still have this problem. I also tried using a delay, but even that did not help...
    I'm going to wait until 1.2 Final is released, if a new installation of this version does not help, I will tell you and post the logs.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    1. When I want to stop TV I am always asked: "Dou you really want to stop Live TV ?" This is also annoying, but I did not find a way do deactivate this.

When you press stop and the message pops onto the screen, instead of clicking "left" then "OK" you can just press "stop" again (which does the same thing). All I do is press stop twice in quick sucess and MP accepts the second command before the message has even been generated.

It works well for me!

Robbo100

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom