Some issues with StreamedMP Skin (1.6.8.2863) (1 Viewer)

btotaku

Portal Member
August 27, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi everyone,
I enjoy using StreamedMP though I experienced some changes I can't really understand.
I just upgraded from Mediaportal 1.1.3 to 1.2.0 beta with latest StreamedMP Skin (1.6.8.2863);

I noticed some changes regardless if using Basic Home Screen or not:
  • When i added files to my playlist (music) it previously (in MP 1.1.3 with SMP) displayed number of items and total play time, this information is not displayed anymore - is there a way to enable this?
  • I am not able to deactivate display of capital letters; i activate or deactiate this in MP in Skin settings but this has no effect - restart of MP and still everything is displayed in capital letters... is this a bug?
  • I noticed while browsing my Pictures that a small popup screen informs about the next track when listening to music at the same time; sadly no information about artist, track title etc. is displayed here, but the mp3 that is played has id3 tags... a bug?
  • I often experience that display of the cover artwork is not working really stable.... when i am in the folder where i select music to hear (folder view) then i have a cover which is displayed.... then i navigate to basic home screen, and no cover is displayed here... this ist really strange and i haven't figured it out yet but i assume this is a bug?
  • I experience lags when using Online Videos, Rockstar or anything where i need to enter my keywords... at first it responds reall fast, but after several minutes i get laggy.... anyone any idea what can cause this problem and how it may be solved?

Please let me know if i miss something or if you need some logs to track the problems i mention.. anyway... i would be really happy if someone has some hints for me how to solve these issues...
thx!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

• When i added files to my playlist (music) it previously (in MP 1.1.3 with SMP) displayed number of items and total play time, this information is not displayed anymore - is there a way to enable this?

• I could take a look for an alternate property but I believe there was some changes to #itemcount property in music for MP 1.2 Beta.
      I am not able to deactivate display of capital letters; i activate or deactiate this in MP in Skin settings but this has no effect - restart of MP and still everything is displayed in capital letters... is this a bug?
      There is no setting to disable capital letters in lists, that is by design.
      I noticed while browsing my Pictures that a small popup screen informs about the next track when listening to music at the same time; sadly no information about artist, track title etc. is displayed here, but the mp3 that is played has id3 tags... a bug?
      Works fine for me, is it only when browsing pictures?

btotaku

Portal Member
    August 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Some issues with StreamedMP Skin (1.6.8.2863)

I'll have a look when this happens exactly so i can provide steps to reproduce...

Another thing which is about usability: When i add a track/folder to the current playlist the click flow is like that:
    Access context menu -> add item to playlist -> the current playlist is displayed - back - the last folder is displayed but the last position of the track previously added is not saved; that means: when i browse a directory with 50 songs I always have to manually go down select the track to be added to the playlist, navigate back from the current playlist to the directory and have to navigate down to the last track i previously added.... this is extremely user-unfriendly from my point of view.

Porposal:
    Access context menu -> add item to playlist -> automatically get back to folder/trach which was added to playlist

I thing this is way more simple easy and fast... can you think about it or am i missing something here e.g. is there a smarter way of handling playlists as described above?

THX for your feedback!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: AW: Some issues with StreamedMP Skin (1.6.8.2863)

Porposal:
    Access context menu -> add item to playlist -> automatically get back to folder/trach which was added to playlist

I thing this is way more simple easy and fast... can you think about it or am i missing something here e.g. is there a smarter way of handling playlists as described above?
    This would have to change at the MediaPortal level, we dont control that kind of functionality from the skin. I would of thought when adding a item to the playlist that it stays where you are...sounds like a MP bug to me if it doesnt do that?

btotaku

Portal Member
    August 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Some issues with StreamedMP Skin (1.6.8.2863)

yeah, i would have expected the same as you, simply add tracks and stay where you are... so i will report this as issue/bug for MP 1.2.0 beta..

EDIT: okay this is not a bug just a user error... you can control this behaviour in MP configuration -> Music -> Misc Settings...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That is Play behaviour not Add behaviour. When you press play it should do that, but not when you add an item to your playlist. Thats what I think anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom