[Skin] Some minor bugs/glitches in the OSD? (1 Viewer)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I discovered what I believe is a couple of new bugs with the OSD, don't really know how to explain them so check out the video I'm linking.

Bug 1:

If you open the OSD (y) and use the channel up/down command you get the following bug: The title for the show you're currently watching does not change. And when you stop at a channel it briefly shows the info for your current channel before it changes back to the channel you changed to.

Screenr - @hvakrg: bug for MP

Bug 2:

If you open you OSD (y) and try use your channel up/down buttons it jumps back and shows the info for my current channel even though I'm continuing to press the channel down button. It should go NRK1 -> Disney -> Viasat 4 - TV3. But as you can see it keeps jumping back to the info for NRK 1. Towards the end you can see that I push the button alot faster and then it no longer jumps back to NRK1.

Screenr - @hvakrg: Bug for MP

Bug 3:

Not sure if this is a bug or intended. But when you use the channel up/down buttons to browse through channels and pass by a channel that is currently recording the "rec" marking is placed in a weird place. It's alittle hard to see it in most of the video, but at the end it's easier against the dark background. It might be intended but wouldn't it be better to place it in the blue area and not above it?

Screenr - @hvakrg: Bug?

Could someone take a look at these videos and see if these should be considdered bugs or not? If they are I can provide some more ligs and info.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I discovered what I believe is a couple of new bugs with the OSD, don't really know how to explain them so check out the video I'm linking.

Bug 1:

If you open the OSD (y) and use the channel up/down command you get the following bug: The title for the show you're currently watching does not change. And when you stop at a channel it briefly shows the info for your current channel before it changes back to the channel you changed to.

Screenr - @hvakrg: bug for MP

I can reproduce this. The program description and channel names change, but not the program title.

[/QUOTE]

Bug 2:

If you open you OSD (y) and try use your channel up/down buttons it jumps back and shows the info for my current channel even though I'm continuing to press the channel down button. It should go NRK1 -> Disney -> Viasat 4 - TV3. But as you can see it keeps jumping back to the info for NRK 1. Towards the end you can see that I push the button alot faster and then it no longer jumps back to NRK1.

Screenr - @hvakrg: Bug for MP

[/QUOTE]

I guess this is the same issue. Once you settle on a channel to watch, all is well, but while you are flicking through channels, this behaviour does not seem good.

Bug 3:

Not sure if this is a bug or intended. But when you use the channel up/down buttons to browse through channels and pass by a channel that is currently recording the "rec" marking is placed in a weird place. It's alittle hard to see it in most of the video, but at the end it's easier against the dark background. It might be intended but wouldn't it be better to place it in the blue area and not above it?

Screenr - @hvakrg: Bug?

Could someone take a look at these videos and see if these should be considdered bugs or not? If they are I can provide some more ligs and info.

Looks like the rec icon is misplaced. I can't imagine that this is what was intended.

I'll push to get this fixed.

Best wishes,

Mark

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Just don't push too hard, I'd prefer that these did not push back the release of RC1 :p

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    This is now in mantis targetting for RC1. It won't delay it, as the problem is almost solved!

Best wishes,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom