Some Problems (Quality record, TVGuide, Remote,...) (2 Viewers)

chris_v

Portal Member
November 16, 2005
Hi !

Before, sorry for my poor english :)

I just finished install Mediaportal 0.2RC1 on my new HTPC.

Some questions :

- My TV Card (Hauppauge PVR500) works very well but :

- It doesn't respect the record's quality, I have configured a 2000 bit/s and alltime MP record in high quality (in logfile : SetQuality : High). If I change directly the TV card's settings, it doesn't accept (only audio change is accepted) without any error message. It's simply restore the default setting.. Why ? And some time, the settings of MP (like Tuner 1 : view and tuner 2 : record are reseting to defaults : tuner 1&2 : record and view)

- When I start "Timeshift", MP slow down,ok but when I record, no problems !! What's are the corrects priorities settings for the tuners ?

- For FR channels, what's the best grabber ? EPGfr et GrabberFR haven now a lot of problems.

- Except the fourth skins available, I cannot find some new skins for MP 0.2, someone have a good link for ?

- I read somewhere that I can use my MCE remote to command another Hi-fi material, via the MyBlaster's plugin, is it true ? I will power on/off my tv screen with it...

- Sometimes MP crash with a lot of "Drawing Error" messages, what's ?

Thank you in advance !!!

Christophe

Config :

ASUS Terminator T2-AE1
AMD Sempron 3000+
DDR-Ram 1GB
HDD 200 GB IDE
ATI Radeon 9250
Hauppauge PVR500MCE
Remote MCE 2005

elconejito

Portal Pro
April 28, 2005
Falls Church, VA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
chris_v said:
Hi !

Before, sorry for my poor english :)

I just finished install Mediaportal 0.2RC1 on my new HTPC.

Some questions :

- My TV Card (Hauppauge PVR500) works very well but :

- It doesn't respect the record's quality, I have configured a 2000 bit/s and alltime MP record in high quality (in logfile : SetQuality : High). If I change directly the TV card's settings, it doesn't accept (only audio change is accepted) without any error message. It's simply restore the default setting.. Why ? And some time, the settings of MP (like Tuner 1 : view and tuner 2 : record are reseting to defaults : tuner 1&2 : record and view)

- When I start "Timeshift", MP slow down,ok but when I record, no problems !! What's are the corrects priorities settings for the tuners ?

- For FR channels, what's the best grabber ? EPGfr et GrabberFR haven now a lot of problems.

- Except the fourth skins available, I cannot find some new skins for MP 0.2, someone have a good link for ?

- I read somewhere that I can use my MCE remote to command another Hi-fi material, via the MyBlaster's plugin, is it true ? I will power on/off my tv screen with it...

- Sometimes MP crash with a lot of "Drawing Error" messages, what's ?

Thank you in advance !!!

Christophe

Config :

ASUS Terminator T2-AE1
AMD Sempron 3000+
DDR-Ram 1GB
HDD 200 GB IDE
ATI Radeon 9250
Hauppauge PVR500MCE
Remote MCE 2005

First, Can you fill out the support template? That helps everyone get the info we need to help you.

1) When you say "If I change directly the TV card's settings" what do you mean by "directly"? Are you changing it from someplace other than MP?

2) What do you mean by "slow down" do you mean the framerate drops? or something else?

3) ummm, i dont know... (in USA here ;))

4) i think those are the only four available. There was a link on the homepage (i think) that went to a site where others were making various skins, but I don't know how that has progressed

5) Yes, you can control other equipment as long as you have an IR blaster. Your MCE remote does not "directly" control the other equipment.

6) with the template and any logs we may be able to figure this out, but we need more information

chris_v

Portal Member
November 16, 2005
some infos

Thank you for your answer.

More infos :

1- I tried to change in MP the quality, and it works !! but if I choose "default", it's ever the HIGH quality. And Low or Medium are not the same bitrate compared to the setup.
I say "directly", it's from MP setup, in "edit" Capture device, it opens a tool from Hauppauge.

2- Not, the TV is ok, it's just the inteface from MP (animations of the menu and all other). Timeshit is start but not used.

3- :)

4- Ok.. I wait^^

5- I posted a new topic for this problem in the Hardware section

6- I'm not at home, i will see that.

Very very sorry for my english !!! It's too bad !

elconejito

Portal Pro
April 28, 2005
Falls Church, VA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
1) I am using 0.1.3 still and there is a choice to set which setting to use as default (portable, low, med, high) which i have set to medium. You will notice that if you change the setting in MP, it changes it in the "direct" hauppauge tool (FYI) so there is no need to do it in both places

2) what video card are you using?

3) ...

4) ...

5) OK, cool

6) this may help with #2 if you can fill that out...

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    The MCE2005 remote is a learning remote, you can teach it to turn tv on/off and volume up/down. This way the PC isnt need. Instructions I dont know but google would find them.

pierpier1

November 23, 2005
    MCE2005 remote learning

If you have the mce2005 remote that lights up, with two power buttons at the top (one on the left and one on the right) then youmay want to hear that it is a programmable remote.

The left power button (labelled TV) adn teh volume up and volume down buttons are programmable to control e.g. your tv on/off and you amp /spdit amp volume.

Here is how you do it:

1 Place the remote control for Media Center PC head to head (2 to 3 inches apart) with the remote control from which it is learning.

2 On the remote control for Media Center PC, press and hold the DVD MENU and OK buttons at the same time until the remote control lights turn off
    (2 seconds).

The remote is now in learning setup mode.

3 On the remote control for Media Center PC, press and release the TV,
    VOL +, or VOL – button, depending on which command you want it to learn.
    The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink once to confirm the selection.

4 On the remote control that is teaching the command, press and hold the button that you want the corresponding button on the remote control for Media Center PC to learn.

The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink twice to confirm the selection. If the remote did not learn the command, the lights blink quickly four times. To try again, repeat steps 1 through 4.

5 Repeat steps 1 through 4 for the other buttons that can learn commands.

To restore the default remote control settings
    1 Press and hold the DVD MENU button and LEFT navigation button at the same time until the remote control for Media Center PC lights turn off.

2 Press the OK button.

The remote control for Media Center PC lights blink twice to confirm that the buttons have been reset. The TV button will have no command assigned to it and the VOL + and VOL – buttons will adjust the Media Center PC system volume.

If the default settings were not restored, the lights blink quickly four times. To try again, repeat steps 1 and 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom