1.30.0 5111: Parallel DVB EPG (1 Viewer)

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hmmm, really interesting. (y)
    It seems in UK, SD and MPEG2 is existing yet where in France, we are all in HD with MPEG4.
    Maybe one DLL is not enough for you, I'm not sure (it's because I have other modifs then, maybe some files could be needed for you where, it's already integrated for me).
    I have reactivated some personal logs to see what happen for you, can you try with this dll, please ?
    Also, in debug mode, I'm interested by TVService.log in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log

Attachments

• TVLibrary.rar
      186 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It seems in UK, SD and MPEG2 is existing yet where in France, we are all in HD with MPEG4.
    There are nine MUXes that serve the area where I live, but only three of them are DVB-T2, and two of those are temporary (until the frequencies are needed for mobile telephony). The other six MUXes are DVB-T. Since DVB-T2 is a more-efficient coding system, the plan is to convert to DVB-T2 eventually, but there is no timetable for this.

Disappointingly, some of the DVB-T2 capacity is used to broadcast SD channels :eek: :mad:, and I suspect that this will continue when the terrestrial system is entirely DVB-T2. It is caused (I think) by the minor channels having barely-adequate income (from advertising), and not being able to afford the higher carriage charges for HD bandwidth, so they broadcast in SD instead. :(

The MUXes are divided into three power groups -- 200 kWatt, 50 kWatt, and 20 kWatt. My TBS can receive the 200 and 50 kWatt groups without problem, but pixelates on the 20 kWatt group. My Pinnacle can receive the 200 kWatt group, but neither of the 50 or 20 kWatt groups is receivable. Both tuners are fed from the same aerial.

I have downloaded the revised DLL and will test it when the HTPC is available (it may have to be tomorrow :().

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    As far as I understood, even if we are in full HD in France, we are not in DVB-T2 yet (maybe in Paris, don't know).
    Seems to be reserved to german (and maybe swiss) for now....

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    As far as I understood, even if we are in full HD in France, we are not in DVB-T2 yet (maybe in Paris, don't know).
    Seems to be reserved to german (and maybe swiss) for now....
    Only test channel in h265, all are dvbt with h264

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    There are nine MUXes that serve the area where I live
    Well finally, if we work for parallel EPG treatment, with 9 muxes and your 6 tuners cards, you will be happy to remove all your specific processes to fill your EPG grabbing faster... :LOL:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Well finally, if we work for parallel EPG treatment, with 9 muxes and your 6 tuners cards, you will be happy to remove all your specific processes to fill your EPG grabbing faster... :LOL:
    My OS disk is a rather slow Western Digital Green Drive :(, so that may partly explain the statistics:
    • I grab the EPG by recording a specific radio channel for 30 minutes from 06:00 to 06:30 each morning.
    • The entire EPG for about 150 TV and radio channels for 7 days can be grabbed in about 10 minutes (varies slightly from day to day).
    • From looking at the logs, it seems that TV Server stores the EPG data in RAM until the grabbing phase is complete, and then it performs the SQL updates. The SQL updates take another 10 minutes on my system.
    • So overall, the EPG takes around 20 minutes (varying slightly from day to day), at the end of which I have a full EPG for 7 days.
    • TV Server seems to have a criterion for deciding when to stop grabbing the EPG, so the grabbing/updating is not usually stopped prematurely by the ending of the 30-minute recording (the grabbing/updating usually stopped about 10 minutes earlier).
    • The UK EPG tends to vary very little at short notice, but if (say) live sport has overrun, I can manually record the "EPG" radio channel for 5-10 minutes to receive any last-minute changes to the EPG.
    I have only been using this arrangement since January. Previously I grabbed the EPG when the tuners were idle, with a repetition period of one hour. But this often delayed hibernation when I "switched off" the HTPC because the HTPC decided that it was overdue for an EPG grabbing. Mostly now it hibernates immediately, although occasionally hibernation is delayed. I think that this is caused by Windows performing maintenance, as nothing else is running that would cause the delay.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Well, I don't think your HDD slow down the process (at least for EPG).
    We will see later, when MP 1.25f will be released and also code available in the master.
    I think, at the beginning, we will have to consider this as an "area51" stuff because, it modify a bit how the TV Engine is working today, with the managing of card(s)/tuners.
    Many tests will be needed, there are too much configurations and, too much ways that, I can't test it alone.
    In hope many users will give feddback otherwise, it will not be.
    It is working for me
    But, some previews :

zz1.png
    zz2.png

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I have reactivated some personal logs to see what happen for you, can you try with this dll, please ?
    Also, in debug mode, I'm interested by TVService.log in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log
    I repeated the test using the latest version of the DLL, and I have attached the "TVService.log". I checked the OSD, and it did show a 0% signal quality again (I did not take a screen shot). I hope that this is of some help.

Attachments

• tvlog.zip
      9.3 KB

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    OK sorry, my mistake.
    Should work with the latest dll provided here.

Attachments

• TVLibrary.rar
      187.1 KB

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    Should work with the latest dll provided here.
    I have just tried the new DLL version. Here is the screenshot:

signal_strength_v3.jpg

The signal level certainly looks believable, but is it correct? o_O

I notice from the "TVService.log" (attached) that the signal level is shown initially as -29, but later processing changes this to +71. Are signal levels for the Pinnacle always negative, with more negative meaning a lower signal level? Just curious! :D

Attachments

• tvlog_v3.zip
      6.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom