Some problems with the plugin (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello everyone,

I really like this plugin,

I really can't sing, but I like to sing together with the artist! :p

The problems/questions:

-For a lot of songs the plugin can't find a lyric while the lyrics are availible at the internet.. From wich sites is the plugin downloading the lyrics?

-I can't save my settings! When I make some changes in the configuration, save the settings and open the plugin again, all settings are default again..

Hope someone can help me!

I'm using MP 1.2.2 with the latest version of this plugin..

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The plugin supports seven lyric sites and a LRC service. You can see the exact list in the configuration of the plugin where you can select and deselect among them with various other settings. You are right that the plugin cannot find all lyrics available - and I'm sure that one of two sources could be added successfully to cover even more songs. I hope to get the time soon to improve the plugin and its list of sources. The urls of potential new sources have to comply to a predictable patterns like e.g. http://lyricsite.com/[artist]/[track].htm or similar without a randomized section within the url. Also the site have to offer good performance and consistency.

The plugin writes in the default configuration.xml file and it works fine on my installations. It could be a minor problem with your current installation or perhaps a problem with priviliges of your windows user if it isn't an admin user. Unfortunately I cannot give you a solution to your issue. Perhaps try to reinstall the plugin.

best regards

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Mackey,

thanks for your reply..

About the fact the settigs are not saved, I was wrong.. It was only the slections of "Music Database batch search" Most of those settings are enabled by default. I think you have to use this only to do a manual search.. The other settings are saved fine..

Would be nice if you can add some better sites.. I think I'm missing the 50% of my lyricses..

Thanks!

blubserl

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Some problems with the plugin

just wanted to say that me and my gf very often use this plugin and also would like to see more sites added... great work mackey! :)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The plugin supports seven lyric sites and a LRC service. You can see the exact list in the configuration of the plugin where you can select and deselect among them with various other settings. You are right that the plugin cannot find all lyrics available - and I'm sure that one of two sources could be added successfully to cover even more songs. I hope to get the time soon to improve the plugin and its list of sources. The urls of potential new sources have to comply to a predictable patterns like e.g. http://lyricsite.com/[artist]/[track].htm or similar without a randomized section within the url. Also the site have to offer good performance and consistency.

The plugin writes in the default configuration.xml file and it works fine on my installations. It could be a minor problem with your current installation or perhaps a problem with priviliges of your windows user if it isn't an admin user. Unfortunately I cannot give you a solution to your issue. Perhaps try to reinstall the plugin.

best regards

Any news? :)

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

best regards

Unfortunately no. I hope to find some time soon to add one or two new sites. Which sites would you like to be supported?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

best regards

Unfortunately no. I hope to find some time soon to add one or two new sites. Which sites would you like to be supported?

Well, actually, there are tons of sites that offers a big database with lyrics.. But I don't know what kind of sites could been added..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom