Some questions setting up developement environment.... (1 Viewer)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys,

I am new to c# and VisualStudio and a bit overstrained with VS. Its just too huge for newbies.
    Currently i am trying to set up my developement environment but there are a few questions left. Hopefully someone can give me a hint what i need to do :).

- Is it possible to run mediaportal in debug mode from sourcecode to debug a plugin which i want to create? If yes, what do i need to set up? I got MP sourcecode from github and can compile it but i have no idea how i can debug my plugin within the debug session of MP. Where i have to locate the plugin source files? I couldnt find anything in developement section at the homepage.

- I installed a local linux VM with ubuntu as host OS and gitlab as code repository. The plugin source should be hosted on github and i want to use github and gitlab parrallel. Is it possible? what i need to do and is there a simple way to achieve the parrallell usage of both?.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

legnod

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Hello,
    you can debug your plugin with debug vesion of MP.
    You need to put plugin dll+pdb in plugins subfolder of Mediaportal.Application\bin\Debug folder and run Mediaportal from VS.
    Also you could debug you plugin with your MEdiaportal installation without compiling MediaPortal if you run normal MP and attach VS with your plugin's project to MP process.
    No idea what is gitlab but you could host sources wherever your want.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

thanks for your reply. debugging is working fine now :).
    Gitlab is a github clone which you can install on a local server for private hosting. It exists a github project for the plugin but i wanted to use gitlab for local versioning and synching this repository with the repository on github but it turned out that this is not as trivial as i thought. So i have to deal with that in another way :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom