ItsAllNew

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Perth
Home Country
Hi,

I am new to the Media Portal thing....

And have to say that I really like the product.... :D

I think that you have developed a really nice tool....

I have installed 1.0.2 with the TV server and MP on the one Machine.

But I have a number of questions...

1) I tried to setup the XLMTV plugin for EPG to read in the ICETV EPG, and while the data loaded in, it was out by hours when I looked in the Guide after the forced import was run. As I could find no errors to speak of I then backed it out as nothing was going to record. What did I miss?

2) I've tried to use the Power Scheduler plugin to SUSPEND the computer on inactivity and then wakeup for recording. But there are a number of messages in the error log;

2009-06-17 20:59:34.156250 [Powerscheduler Timer]: Exception :confused:ystem.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
Parameter name: value
at System.DateTime.AddTicks(Int64 value)
at System.DateTime.Add(Double value, Int32 scale)
at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.Handlers.XmlTvImportWakeupHandler.GetNextWakeupTime(DateTime earliestWakeupTime)
at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.get_NextWakeupTime()
at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.get_DisAllowShutdown()
at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.CheckForStandby()
at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.OnTimerElapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

3) I'm using the Compro t750F tuner card, and have got the Compro2AW software to allow the compro remote to control Media portal. One key not mapped in Compro2AW is the SPACE, so I have no pause/play when looking at the recorded TV or movies.... I've tried to go though the "remote section" of Medial Portal Configuration" but can't find where to re-map the keyboard shortcut to another key. Any suggestions?

4) I'd been using the MCEBuddy software to cut out ads and conpress recorded tv into DIVIX format. This works well, and quality isn't too bad. But I can play these files in Media Portal, as it says "cannot play audio codec?" Any ideas?

I am using the SQLServer database, and notice that it appears after running for a while( >12hrs) to be hold onto a large amount of memory and things start going slow.. (only 1Gb memory installed at present) Is this to be expected?

Any assitance/suggestions appreicated.

Regards,

Heath

darro

Portal Pro
July 20, 2006
Sydney, Australia
1) I tried to setup the XLMTV plugin for EPG to read in the ICETV EPG, and while the data loaded in, it was out by hours when I looked in the Guide after the forced import was run. As I could find no errors to speak of I then backed it out as nothing was going to record. What did I miss?

You need to check the offset in the XML data, for WA it may be +0800 as in GMT + 8hrs

Somthing like this

<programme start="20090616000000 +0800" stop="20090616010000 +0800" channel=.......

You may be able to adjust this in the XMLTV plugin of the TV Server config, there is a "Apply Time Compensation when loading tvguide.xml" options. Have a play with this

Cheers

ItsAllNew

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Perth
Home Country
On the Money

darro, (and all)

You were right. :D I had to add 8 to the Offset (+8 didn't seem to work) before doing the import. But I did find that even after the resettting the offset and performing the import it wasn't fixed, but then following a restart I noticed that the EPG was correct.

Does this sound correct? Would it be that changing this settting in the TV_Server requires the TV_SErver to be restarted? In my case I had actually restarted the P.C.

I don't remember seeing reference to this, but if this is the case then can it be added to the guide, Otherwise I am not too sure what I did to fix it.

Ta,

Heath

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Re point 4) what codecs or codec packs have you got installed? Sounds like you are probably missing a div-x or xvid codec. Would recommend you look at using SAF. This is a codec pack especially built for MP, based on the MPC-HC codecs, and should play just about every format you can throw at it. It will also support hardware acceleration through DXVA if you video card supports it. You should go into user cp here and add you system specs too. This helps people to help you.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...iaportal-dxva-ready-mpeg2-h-264-vc-1-a-44614/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom