Some screens become corrupted after resize or switching to fullscreen (1 Viewer)

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SVN Rev. 13054:
    Blue Two (and many more):
    Windows Vista (Ultimate 32Bit) and Windows XP Pro:
    Pentium 4 3,6GHz:
    Samsung HD160jj (SATA):
    1GB:
    Gigabayte GA-8I945P-G:
    Intel 945:
    Award:
    Nvidia GeForce 6800GT 256MB:
    100.65 (Vista) 9x.xx under XP:
    Creative Audigy2 CS:

Hello.

I have searched the forum for this and I am surprised that I seem to be the only one who has this strange behaviour. :eek:

I discovered a strange effect which is appearing only on one of my systems. But it is absolutely reproduceable and appears under Vista and XP (is a dual boot system). Some screens like the "MyMusic NowPlaying" dialogue or the Covergrapp dialogue become kind of corrupted, if I try to resize MP (in windows mode) or if I try to switch to fullscreen.

Look at the attachment "nowplaying_error.JPG" to see how it looks like after resize.
    The background does not stretch and the progress background does not change his position. All other controls are acting like expected. The Covergrapp dialogue looks even more worse and I guess there are a lot of screens more where something isn't right.

A look in the MyMusicPlayingNow.xml for example shows background is defined like this:
    Code:
        <control>
          <type>image</type>
          <description>background image</description>
          <id>0</id>
        </control>
    that means the background is defined through the default image which is defined in the references.xml. The references.xml section looks like this.

Code:
      <control>
        <description>default image</description>
        <type>image</type>
        <id>1</id>
        <posX>0</posX>
        <posY>0</posY>
        <texture>background.png</texture>
        <colorkey>0</colorkey>
        <colordiffuse>ffffffff</colordiffuse>
        <filtered>yes</filtered>
        <centered>no</centered>
        <keepaspectratio>no</keepaspectratio>
        <visible>yes</visible>
      </control>

There are no tags for height or width. Normally, that not a problem, but soon as I change the MyMusicPlayingNow.xml background control to this...

Code:
        <control>
          <type>image</type>
          <description>background image</description>
          <id>0</id>
          <width>720</width>
          <height>576</height>
        </control>

... the problem is gone (attachment: nowplaying_fixed.JPG). The same is with the progress background where the height-tag is not mentioned.

The "funny" thing is, that this behaviour does only appear on this system (not only with Blue Two) and only on a few screens. Maybe it is somehow Nvidia related :confused:

I hope this post let me help to make this brilliant piece of software even better.

:D
    Lars

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom