[confirm] Some TV channels stutter (heavily)/look "flawed" (2 Viewers)

utokallegba

Portal Pro
January 27, 2010
Ever since updating to RC3 I'm experiencing heavy stutter and heavy artifacts on some TV channels - that all used to work with RC2. The problem is that there's no (apparent) pattern as to what TV channels work/don't work, i.e. some HD channels work, while some don't and some SD channels work, while others don't.

I haven't changed anything in terms of codecs/renderers/drivers/etc. since RC2.

Here's a list of some of the TV channels I tried and how they behave:

Not working:
  • ORF 1 HD (720p) (also has stuttering audio (usually DD 2.0 or DD 5.1))
  • ORF 2 HD (720p) (after a while)
  • HD suisse (720p)
  • ORF 2 (576i/p) (doesn't work at all, picture freezes when switching to this channel)
  • ATV (576i/p)
  • Puls 4 (576i/p)
  • Prosieben (576i/p)

Working:
  • ServusTV HD (1080i)
  • ARD HD (720p)
  • ZDF HD (720p)
  • arte HD (720p)
  • RTL (576i/p)
  • Sat.1 (576i/p)
  • Bayerisches FS (576i/p)

Note: I have only tested those channels for like a minute, so some of the channels that I listed as working here might start stuttering after a while too (like ORF 2 HD that only started stuttering after a couple of minutes).
Note: "576i/p" means that I don't know whether the channel is broadcast in 576i or 576p (is there a way to find out?)

The debug logs are from ORF 1 HD (heavy audio and video stutter).

Lowietje

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 21, 2008
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

I'm not sure if this is related, but I have an issue with Discovery HD, not sure if this is since RC3 or somewhere before, as i do not watch this channel very often.
    When starting this channel it stutters (shows 1 picture every second or so) sound keeps going.

After some time, somewhere between 10 to 40 seconds, it will play smooth.

Client logs attached, if server logs are also required please let me know.

Louis

TMI

Portal Member
    March 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the same problem with Discover HD. All other HD channels are OK

nip.nyborg

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have the same problem with one danish HD channel (Kanal 5 HD), other HD channels are OK.
    Never had problems with this before.
    Went back to RC2 and problem gone (RC3 not a clean install, maby why?)

Made a clean/fresh install of rc3, and now it seams to work.

utokallegba

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    I just un- and reinstalled the TV server (and client) plugins and everything is back to the way it was with RC2.

hengedk

March 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can confirm this
    Half of all transponders on 1west CanalDigital dosen't work or has alot of stutter with RC3
    This is a clean install

utokallegba

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    I can confirm this
    Half of all transponders on 1west CanalDigital dosen't work or has alot of stutter with RC3
    This is a clean install
    Clean install, that's weird... Maybe try a reinstall of the TV server nevertheless?

hengedk

March 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Uninstalled everything and deleted the mediaportal files in user folder
    now everything is ok

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    here also heavy stutter. Almost every minute. Sometimes mediaportal will just crash (not in this log) on it.
    TSReader log has a lot of discontinuity errors. Signal quality at my dvb tuners (firedtv-c and firedtv-s) is good, I never had this much discontinuity errors before and nothing has happened to my setup.
    Under RC2 I had every 30 minutes or so one tiny stutter (maybe switch from timeshift file??) that was still acceptable. RC3 is unwatchable for me. I'm reverting to RC2 again. Logs are included

edit:
    just did a clean install of RC3.. both tvserver(even new database) and client - same result, every 10 seconds heavy stuttering. So much that it is unwachable.

Now reverting to RC2

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did some more testing. I'm convinced that the stuttering is caused by the tv server. I checked this by playing the recorded ts files in VLC. The old recordings I have from RC1 don't contain stuttering. When I play them with Mediaportal RC3 everything is fine.

Can anyone point me to a download location of the RC1? I don't have the installer anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom