Some very newbie questions (1 Viewer)

blizeH

December 31, 2010
Hi guys,

Just installed MediaPortal as an alternative for Windows Media Centre, mostly like it a lot but have a few questions:

1. Is there a way to automatically search for TV channels? The only thing I could see was in the TV server setup where it'll ask you to manually enter each channel's details

2. On my movie listings, it shows up each one with just random thumbnails from the movie file - if I right click and go 'IMDB' it downloads the cover but only for that one movie. If I go back up a directory and select 'SCAN' it adds information to each movie but not pictures, also if I select 'IMDB' it only does the top one.

3. How to I get my TV shows setup properly with like seasons and groupings per show?

Thanks!!

blizeH

December 31, 2010
Many thanks Rakenaar! :D Will take a look now.

Hmm, it does a scan for the TV channels and just says none found?! :(

(edit) not sure if that's because of the fact I didn't know what region to set, and there are almost hundreds in the list

blizeH

December 31, 2010
Cant seem to get the TV thingy plugin working either? :( Moving Pictures is currently working it's magic but not sure entirely how it's working and if it'll do the actual movie/fan artwork too ;O

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi again

You will have to give some more information on what you did and what is happening.
    Make sure you read and follow the installation instructions first.

If you struggle with TVSeries, best would be to open a thread in the TVSeries forum with specific questions and also attaching log files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom