kawak

Portal Member
November 11, 2007
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hello

I downloaded the following:
tvengine3-10-27-2007--02-04h--Rev16369
MediaPortal_0.2.3.0_RC3_Setup (applied SVN 16485)

I followed the installation instructed, my systems were as followed.

Test server (my desktop) Core2 Duo 6700, 2GB RAM and tons of HDD space.
Test Client (My Laptop) Centrino 1.7GHz, 1GB RAM, over 20GB of HDD space.

Everything is configured and my USB DVB-T card is picked up and working in timeshift test but when i want to test it using VLC or media player I can never load the stream, either on the server computer or the client, I went on to try accessing tv from client, after setting up the server IP and everything when i start TV on client I can see the TV server setup under manual control the card becomes used and timeshifting the channel but the client just hangs indefinately (well left it on for over 1 hour).

Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong, I am using mysql 5 and windows xp firewall, I have included program exception for tvservice and opened port 3306 without luck and then I went on to disable firewall all together still no luck:confused: :confused: :confused: , please please help me.

Thank you all in advance.

zion22

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
If you can't connect to the TvEngine with VLC pn the local machine there's something wrong for sure.

Manual timeshifting works from the TVEngine? And it shows the stream to connect to in the log file?

kawak

Portal Member
November 11, 2007
Home Country
Hi, thanks for the reply

I can easily ping my server on the server machine and on the client machine, when i set up the server and client I used the IP address of the server which is static and not the machine name.

And yes the log file does indicate the file to connect to which is rather different to what other people are getting, its rtsp://192.168.0.62/stream7.1 or stream7.0

pls help

Thanks

kawak

Portal Member
November 11, 2007
Home Country
Hi

Yes i did exactly what the wiki said, and being a person in IT i can't seem to understand whats wrong.

Thanks

Hi

Just in addition, how much CPU does it take to timeshift a channel? even though my screen say its timeshifting its using less then 10% CPU power, my CPU is Core2 Duo 6700 (2.6GHz)

thanks

zion22

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Just in addition, how much CPU does it take to timeshift a channel? even though my screen say its timeshifting its using less then 10% CPU power, my CPU is Core2 Duo 6700 (2.6GHz)

Not much at all. On that computer of yours it's a piss in the ocean. :D

Maybe you could attach your log files etc, someone might understand what the problem is better then.

Nigel_K

Portal Pro
August 25, 2007
Bath
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
SVN No's

Hi kawak

I'm still new to this, so probably wrong.

I was under the impression that the TV3 SVN number plus SVN No's for both seerver and client must all be the same.
I'm using SVN 16422 as I havn't been able to get newer builds to work.

Nigel

kawak

Portal Member
November 11, 2007
Home Country
Hi

Thank you all for all ur help thus far, I will try to re-install everything again using the same version has nigel has suggested. Will update on this later then maybe will need more help from all u guys.

Thanks a mil

ciao

kawak

Portal Member
November 11, 2007
Home Country
Need help from all u guys again

Hello

I have just tried again and this time its even worse, I can't even get the time shifting to work. It constantly say no audio/video when i want to do vlc test. I even bought a new PCI hybrid card to test with and no luck.

Any help will be massively appreciated.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom