Something extra I need to make music database "Monitor shares for changes" work? (1 Viewer)

Karson

Portal Member
October 22, 2006
Under Music--->Music Database I have several folders listed with green checkmarks, one of which is my "audition" folder where I put new music to listen to before adding it to my permanent library. I also have the "Monitor shares for changes and update database" checkbox selected, but I've been adding music daily for weeks and it's never updated the database once.

I was wondering if there's a certain Windows service I need to run to make sure this update happens, or if I need to enable Windows file sharing and set those directories or shares or what have you, because I haven't found much documentation on this feature and I'm not sure why it doesn't work!

:D

bartlet

Portal Member
October 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
Are you running V0.2.1.0?

I note the changelog shows:
- New plugin: MusicShareWatcher to monitor changes and update the DB accordingly.

Which sounds about right for what you want, although the checkbox you mention sounds like it should already be doing the job!

Karson

Portal Member
October 22, 2006
I am indeed, and I believe that's the option you're referring to, although there's precious little documentation on the feature and just checking it doesn't seem to be working. I thought it might need the Task Scheduler service running or something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom