Something's not right with the Hover images (1 Viewer)

jvs

Portal Member
July 30, 2009
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
So I'm not quite sure how or when it happened, but if you take a look at the attached - one of the hover images is either stuck, or the skin is using the wrong one - what I think is happening is that it's using the hover plugins PNG image underlaid over the hover image it's using at the time, which results in an ugly strip at the bottom regardless of what menu is selected, unless it's the plugins menu, in which case everything is OK....

which also brings me to another question - It seems StreamedMP isn't packed with hover images for Wikipedia, Music Videos, News etc..... are any good ones hosted or provided somewhere?

wtf.jpg

Any help on either point would be appreciated - I'm fussy, and little problems can be so annoying :D

TheSkinsFan1

Portal Member
August 28, 2009
I had the same issue. I changed the following setting to "no" in myHome.xml:

<hoverX>0</hoverX>
<hoverY>0</hoverY>
<hoverWidth>1280</hoverWidth>
<hoverHeight>720</hoverHeight>
<hoverKeepAspectratio>no</hoverKeepAspectratio>

digmaster

Portal Member
September 7, 2009
Amsterdam, NL
Home Country
England England
I had the same issue. I changed the following setting to "no" in myHome.xml:

<hoverX>0</hoverX>
<hoverY>0</hoverY>
<hoverWidth>1280</hoverWidth>
<hoverHeight>720</hoverHeight>
<hoverKeepAspectratio>no</hoverKeepAspectratio>

Nice one, I've been looking for this for ages now!

Did it work for you as well?

Yeah, it sure did. Of course the aspect changes slightly but it's much better than that annoying strip.

Cheers :D

TheSkinsFan1

Portal Member
August 28, 2009
Nice one, I've been looking for this for ages now!

Did it work for you as well?

Yeah, it sure did. Of course the aspect changes slightly but it's much better than that annoying strip.

Cheers :D

If you want the aspect to change less, one thing you can try is replacing all of the "hover" images with higher resolution pictures. I switched out all of mine with 1920x1080 pictures, and it works out a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom