[confirm] sometimes channels fail to tune the first time they're selected (1 Viewer)

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Elliot asked me to make this into a separate bugreport, so here goes:

Ok, tested last night with the MP in debug mode and could cause and register some random failings to tune to channels. It only happens sometimes, about 1 in 10 times. It doesn't matter what channel it is, it fails to tune randomly, this time without any warning or message, just a frozen screen. One time the screen was frozen black (I think from the channel I was on before I tried to tune to the next channel) and one time a frozen epg.
You can still hear your the buttons you hit on the remote and when you hit stop, the screen flashes and MP is 'released' again from it's freeze. Now all the actions you've hit on your remote when it was frozen will take place. Hitting the failing channel after that again and it will always work...

Sometimes it gives 'unable to start graph', sometimes 'no audio/video detected', sometimes 'Can't play live2-0.ts.tsbuffer", sometimes no message. This time it was twice no message. But the procedure is almost always the same: mp freezes, hitting stop releases MP again and hitting the same channel again will always work after that without any problems.

logs attached.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: sometimes channels fail to tune the first time they're selected

you could try TVserver debugoption "reset graph....". had similar issues and this option solved it.

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: sometimes channels fail to tune the first time they're selected

you could try TVserver debugoption "reset graph....". had similar issues and this option solved it.

:confused:
    I have no idea what you're talking about, please explain in a bit more detail please. :)

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

start tvserver configuration with the "--DebugOptions" parameter. than go to "Debug Options" and select "reset graph....". restart tvserver (or the whole HTPC) and then zap around

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

start tvserver configuration with the "--DebugOptions" parameter. than go to "Debug Options" and select "reset graph....". restart tvserver (or the whole HTPC) and then zap around

God, I feel stupid, but I have still no idea. I can only start the TV sever config program or not, I don't know where I can start the "--DebugOptions" thing you talk about. I have a shortcut on my desktop that says 'TV server configuration' if I double click that it starts the tv server configuration program. I don't know any other way to start tv server configuration...

Maybe you can tell me where I can find this "--DebugOptions parameter"...

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

God, I feel stupid, but I have still no idea. I can only start the TV sever config program or not, I don't know where I can start the "--DebugOptions" thing you talk about. I have a shortcut on my desktop that says 'TV server configuration' if I double click that it starts the tv server configuration program. I don't know any other way to start tv server configuration...

Open a command prompt, navigate to the folder where setuptv.exe is and type "setuptv.exe --DebugOptions"

Mark

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

no problem... here is the official post:

DebugOptions

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Open a command prompt, navigate to the folder where setuptv.exe is and type "setuptv.exe --DebugOptions"

Mark

I really have no understanding of DOS or command prompts so I have no idea how to do this. How do I navigate in the command prompt? You have to tell me what to type and where otherwise I'm not getting anywhere. sorry

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

ok... i guess you have a MP standard installation... so go to your start menu and click run (if this is not there, press the windowskey and R at the same time). now you have a little window with one input line. in this input line copy following command:

"C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\SetupTV.exe" --DebugOptions

press enter. (if it won't work, delete the "")

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

OK, thanks! that worked. :) now lets see if this has any effect...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom