[fixed] sometimes two equal episodes are record (1 Viewer)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello, sometimes two equal episodes are record. The option in Mediaportal to prevent this, are active (Episodetitle).

I have a record-plan for navy-cis (Record all on each Channel).
There are two Episodes successively and at the night this Episodes are reapeated.
So the repeating episode at night will be record too. But only one of these two Episodes is duplicated. The other Episode will not be record. The name of these episodes are the same.
Could it be possible that this happens because the two Episodes are successively.

The Episodes are showing Thursday on Kabel 1.

MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Windows 7 Home
CPU Type: Intel® Atom™ 330 1.6GHz (Dual core)
HDD: 2.5” HDD 320GB
Memory: 2GB DDR2 800 MHz memory
Motherboard:
Video Card: NVIDIA® ION™ graphics
Video Card Driver: 260.99
Sound Card: onboard
Sound Card AC3: HDMI
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Digital Everywhere, FireDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver: 5.7
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Microsoft DTV
h.264 Video Codec: Microsoft DTV
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19,2°E
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Lg 42SL9500
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

O

OL_1973

AW: sometimes two equal episodes are record

Hello, sometimes two equal episodes are record. The option in Mediaportal to prevent this, are active (Episodetitle).

I have a record-plan for navy-cis (Record all on each Channel).
There are two Episodes successively and at the night this Episodes are reapeated.
So the repeating episode at night will be record too. But only one of these two Episodes is duplicated. The other Episode will not be record. The name of these episodes are the same.
Could it be possible that this happens because the two Episodes are successively.

The Episodes are showing Thursday on Kabel 1.

Hi IchBinsShort,

I`m also recording some series and with your issue you are describing I can told you to take a look at TVWishlist (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...plugin-tvwishlist-76506/?highlight=tvwishlist) in combination with the episodenscanner (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...diaportal-4tr-epg-76220/?highlight=tvwishlist).

With both tools I got very good results.

I hope this information helps you.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Just to note: I tried to look at the logs but they are useless since they are not TV Server logs...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    jameson_uk
    As commented on the internal thread: I *think* your patch is okay, but it is too late at night (well, early in the morning actually ;)) for me to think straight about whether your patch addresses this issue. I don't think there would be any harm in providing a binary to allow these good people to test and see...

mm

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    0003608: Prevent duplicate recordings does not work in the same day - MediaPortal Bugtracker

Could you try the attached? Backup the existing TVService.exe first and then replace with the attached.

Would also be helpful if you were able to test that the restarting of failed recordings works. Basically this code is there in case something happens in the middle of a recording (in which case MP has a recording for that episode but not a complete one)

Basically stop TV service during a record and then restart and ensure that the recording restarts and you end up with two different recordings.

Attachments

• TvService.zip
      75.4 KB

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

No because I didn't Test it last Thursday. I had not time this day, but I will do this on Thursday this week. Then you will get the results.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Yes, now it works. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom