songtitles displayed differently (1 Viewer)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
    Windows Version: Xp sp3 + latest hotfixes (testing W7 in dual boot)
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5050E
    HDD: Samsung 500GB SpinPoint F3 Sata II
    Memory: Apacer DDR2 PC6400 4096MB Passive
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
    Video Card: Asus EN8500GT Silent/HTP/256M
    Video Card Driver: 6.14.11.8250
    Sound Card: Onboard Realtek ALC889A
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5767
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge Win/TV PVR 350
    1. TV Card Type: Analog
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.18.21.23257
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
    Cooling: Boxed cpu cooler & 1x120mm case fans (disconnected 2nd 120mm)
    Power Supply: Standard
    Remote: Hauppauge silver 45 buttons
    TV: Sony KV-29FX20B
    TV - HTPC Connection: (TV) Scart -> Scart convertor -> S-Video of EN8500GT

Hi all,

All my music is stored in a folder structure pretty much as in the example from kiwijunglist.
    The settings to display them is:
    Layout: List
    View: Shares
    Sort by: Name

In the naming of the files, I used underscores to replace spaces and they all are at least tagged correctly with title, album, artist and most of them with correct year/genre.
    Sometimes songs are displayed by their filename, being with the underscores and sometimes without the underscores, in the same folder.
    I don't understand the music views configuration settings so that should be default and the database is up to date/rescanned regularly.

Am I missing/doing wrong something?
    TIA!

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    It could be that for the songs, which are displayed with their filenames, the Tag Reader failed for some reason.
    In this case, we take the filename as title.

could this be the case?

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I've checked those wrongfully displayed files in tag & rename and they just look similar to the others.
    I even have at least 1 directory with a mix of single songs in which all of them are displayed that way.

Do you mean after scanning the database, this might be logged?
    Which logfile would that be?

This is something that I have for quite a long time but since my tagging was not correct until some time ago, I ignored it.
    Now that over 99% of my files are ok, I was wondering what the reason for this could be.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    There is a lot of work been done / going on around the setting of labels in 1.2 so this should be fixed there.

Why are you using shares view though? If you have your music tagged correctly then database views will be a lot lot fasterand more flexible

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: songtitles displayed differently

Why are you using shares view though? If you have your music tagged correctly then database views will be a lot lot fasterand more flexible
    I don´t agree with that, Mike. Although all my music is tagged correctly, I prefer to see all my albums listed in one big list. So you see - tastes are different ;)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: Re: songtitles displayed differently

I don´t agree with that, Mike. Although all my music is tagged correctly, I prefer to see all my albums listed in one big list. So you see - tastes are different ;)
    And you can do that (but quicker) in database view.....

Just create a view which is
    album | tracks (or just remove the group function from the existin album view)
    then you have one big list of all albums :D

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: songtitles displayed differently

Ahhh - I made this a long time ago and never entered again in MP Config Music - just now I found that the album view was set to group :(
    Don´t know when this changed, but I adjusted it now and YES it´s much better and faster now! :D and forgive me being sooo dumb!

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium

Because this seems to be closest to the way I would like to have it but I'm open for other ways.
    The reason for having it this way is that I have all my music on a networkshare and have created folders by genre.
    In those folders there can be folders of subgenres or artist(in case of multiple albums)/artist_-_album

Because my collection contains about 1000 full albums and a few 1000 songs, I think having the same structure on my HTPC as on my desktop makes it easier - but again: I'm open for improvements. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom