Sort By Date in Title view of myVideos not working? (1 Viewer)

lostSoul99

May 16, 2008
- I'm using Media Portal 1 RC1 -

Does anyone have "Sort By Date" working while viewing their movie list by Title (not by Shares)?

I've look all over the forum and can't seem to find a solution, but other's are having the same problem. All my files are on a network share on my Mac... could this be the problem (even though sorting works fine in the Shares view)?

Does the movie database even support this with a "date added" field or is the date information grabbed from the files each time you open My Videos?

P.S. Thanks to the Devs for a great program.

lokeynz

Portal Member
April 14, 2008
I have the same problem, While in Title view, sort methods don't have any effect.
I really would like this feature as I like to see the newest movies listed at the top and shares view is unusable with large libraries.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The only way around it is sort by year, MyVideos does need a bit of updating doing to it, to correct these little bits not working as they should.

lostSoul99

May 16, 2008
    I think this is a much needed feature for anyone with 100's of movies in their database. I spent an hour searching through the latest Subversion tree structure on the source forge site and found the function that sorts by date. It's in mediaportal/WindowsPlugins/GUIVideoFiles/VideoSort.cs at the bottom. Seems like the case statement quits if the items it's sorting don't return FileInfo data. Meaning it doesn't even try to sort by date if you're not in the Shares View I think.

What is needed is a new field in the movieinfo table of the database that's called dateAdded that stores "today's" date when a new movie is added. A lot of code will need to be modified including; the sort function, the database class, the scan movie folder function in both mediaportal and the configuration program and UI changes.

I've never worked on an open source project before, but I'm willing to help out. Anyone with some experience, please message me with any helpful tips about this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom