Sound behavior in TV module very stange! (1 Viewer)

kenman

Portal Member
April 18, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4 (2006-04-19 )
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: NVIDIA Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: AMD Athlon - 1.4GHz
Memory: 511 MB
Motherboard: 761-686B(KG7) (ABIT)
TV Card Model: HVR1300 (Analogue part)
TV Card Type: Hardware (Hybrid)
TV Card Driver: BETA dvb-t 2.5 (idem with hcw21-t.exe)
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce4 TI 4200 With Agp8x (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 800x600
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: Creative SB Live! Series (WDM)
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis:
The TV works correctly (exceptly a zapping time between channel very long (3-5s without timeshifting)), but the sound level is very different from some channels compare to others. Moreover, sometimes the sound is not active and I need to change channel and the sound comes back. Sometimes, the sound is at a certain level and few minutes later it becomes louder.
To conclude the sound behavior is quite strange and unstable!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Audio Codec: NVIDIA Audio Decoder
    Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
    I doubt you're using an audio decoder for video and vice versa ;)

Anyway I'd recommend to update to current SVN as there's a new release of Mpeg2Dec (now MPV) and a new release of the corresponding audio codec (MPA) included.

Try again with these and play a bit with its "dynamical" compression features ;-)

kenman

Portal Member
    April 18, 2006
    Now, I move to last official version 0.2 with the update.
    My sound problem is now critical to the WAF! Effectively, sometimes the sound totally switchs off in live TV. Otherwise, I often ear some "glitch" and sometimes it stops. I need to change channel to switch it on.
    I tried to remove to RC4 with a PROPER install but the issue is the same!
    Moreover, I tried all the sound codec but it is always bugged even if I use MPA (where is the "dynamical" compression parameter?).
    The more surprising is the fact that: this phenomena appears much more often with the first channel, and sometimes I can watch a full show without trouble but sometimes sound bugs in few seconds!

Finally, I tried with external TV soft, and the sound never stops but the glitch are still present.

Please help me...

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well there are quite many things that can go wrong for you - the most important thing is that your system doesn't meet the minimum specs (DX9 graphics).
    There are also many issues with Creative's soundcards - they might be OK for hardcore gamers but suck in HTPCs. Try updating the drivers on soundblaster.com

shred444

Portal Pro
    May 13, 2006
    I am having similar issues with the new release of media portal. My sound is now scratchy on the deep and loud noises. it seems like it is being compressed too much. this didnt happen with RC4. The volume is also very sparatic and is usually very low. It randomly jumps up sometimes and becomes very loud.

kenman

Portal Member
    April 18, 2006
    I confirm that I already have the latest sound drivers installed :(
    For DirectX9, which video card do you suggest me? I want a card better than Ti4200 for video games without fan (or with fan compatible with SpeedFan) in AGP AND very low expensive.
    Nvidia or ATI, it doesn't mind for me.
    Thanks

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I get the same too. It's not often and not as bad as described, but occasionally when changing channels there is no sound. Change to another and then back again and it usually returns. Haven't had much time to test with it yet though.

My specs arent' too much different than yours. My system is a lot more powerful though.

peege3

Portal Member
    April 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Has there been any progress on this issue, I'm having something similar and for the life of me can't get to the bottom of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom