[Usability] Sound Card ,and black magic capture plugins (2 Viewers)

Mecrob999

Portal Member
December 17, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey guys i had a idea, actually two ideas for plugins with mediaportal. One is, having a plugin that controls your sound card. Different sound cards have a lot of options on them. If you could make a plugin that uses the sound card through mediaportal. Then you can use your HTPC as your surround sound receive, and manage all your surround settings from within mediaportal.

My other idea was to have a plugin for hardware like black magic capture card, so you could plugin applications outside of your computer and view them through mediaportal on your HTPC. If you have not heard of black magic capture card this is the website to view it. Blackmagic Design: Intensity

The idea for both of these came from same original idea. I wanted to use my HTPC as my surround sound receiver, and just use the sound card i had rather then running it through a surround sound receiver. After all if i'm going to pay top dollar for a high end sound card i would like to utilize it as much as i can. It seemed silly to me to run the audio out of this great sound card i had into a surround sound receiver ,when the sound card could do the same thing (prob even better then the surround sound receiver). Then i ran into the problem of how to my feed from my xbox 360 to run through my HTPC so i could use the surround sound with my 360. I then found the black magic capture card which i could use, but not within mediaportal.

Plz let me know what you guys think
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom