Sound delay in MP - Not in Powerdvd (1 Viewer)

Nybbe67

Portal Pro
December 28, 2007
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi
I have trouble to get the picture and sound to sync. Im using Vista EVR, RC4, ATI 8.12 drivers (ATI AVIVO codec for the video and Powerdvd for the sound), and using an optical link for sound, a SP/DIF connector, and the problems have been there all the time I think. The sound from my DVB-C and from ISO movies allways comes after the picture, allmost a half second or something.

Then I tried to open the same ISO movie with Powerdvd 8 and everything was in sync! Powerdvd using the same videocodec, AVIVO, and using the same SP/DIF sound cable.

Anyone having an idea?

me1

Portal Pro
March 21, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have the same problem. I tried to use spdif or hdmi for the sound -> same.
I have tried to solve that problem with my receiver. This has a lipsync function. That works better, but it is not perfect. There even is a difference between TV and video play...

Nybbe67

Portal Pro
December 28, 2007
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
My receiver, an Yamaha RX-v750, has a lip sync function to but it will only delay the sound more, from 0-160 ms. Not in the right direction. The sound comes allready after the video. I want a delay in the video or the sound to be quicker. There's got to be a problem in MP if PowerDVD does it right. Or?

jof

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Try AC3 filter for Audio. It's the best audio codec in my opinion. There you can also configure a delay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom