Sound Drop durning pause resume playback (1 Viewer)

icemanguru

Portal Member
October 25, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Dear MediaPortal Team members,
I have a small problem with my media portal software. I am not sure if it is hardware or software base. I have built a new PC with an AMD Quad core processor 2GB of ram and I am still running Windows XP Pro. I have downloaded the latest Mediaportal stable version and I have installed the Nvidia HDMI audio drivers and also installed AC3 Filters. The problem I am facing is everytime I watch a movie or play any music. It plays back fine when it starts. but if you pause the movie or the music and then puess play to resume. The audio goes away. I have to stop and re resume the movie to get the audio back. I do not know why this is happening. Also the noise I hear when scrolling the menu. Sometimes I can hear it and sometimes I dont. It seems like the audio signal goes in sleep mode when no continous audio signal comming through. Also just to help with tech specs. I am running the HDMI out to my Denon 3808CI AMP. Please guide me on what I can do to solve this problem. I use to have another HTPC that was using a Saphire Sound card with SPDIF. I di dnot have a problem with the SPDIF card. but this is the first time I am using HDMI. Please help.
Thanks,
Icemanguru

Amp: Denon 3808CI
Video Card: Nvidia GT220
Audio Drivers: Nvidia HDMI Audio & AC3 Filters

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom