Sound problems with MP's video player (tried all codecs) (1 Viewer)

emil.lofman

August 14, 2006
Hi! I'm having issues with sound output in MediaPortals video player, and wondering if anyone can help...

I'm running MP 2.04 with an E-mu 1212m as audio card. The thing is that no matter what codec I choose, some of them work for a while, but ultimately they all cease to work.

When changing around between different codecs, I tried FFDshow. No luck. Then I tried its resampler. With no resampling on, I never got any sound out of FFD, but by forcing FFD to resample (to either 44.1 or 48, I didn't bother with any other freqs) while playing a movie, the sound began working. until I paused and started playing again; then there was no sound until I activated or deactivated resampling. forcing FFD to resample as default didn't work, presumably because then there's no change in the audiostream.

So what's doing this? I have a feeling that MP isn't sending some sort of "begin audio"-command (well, something like that) when I press play, but that resampling does this.

So why am I blaming MP and not FFDshow or my audio card? well, FFDshow plays sound perfectly in BSplayer.

Help very much appreciated!

Best regards,

Emil

emil.lofman

August 14, 2006
Anyone?

I think I outputting the filter to ASIO instead of DirectSound/Wave would solve it, but I haven't found anything while googling for [insert any AC3-codec here] + ASIO. Any ideas there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom