Sound volume for MediaPortal menu navigation is too low (1 Viewer)

Nazgulled

Portal Pro
January 1, 2009
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hi,

I'm just wondering if I'm missing something... Let's say the system volume is at 50%, I can hear my movies audio just fine, the volume is fine. However, comparing this audio with the menus audio (when you move between menu options), the menu audio is too low...

If it's late at night and the volume is low, let's say, 10%, I can hear the movie sound very low, but I can hear it just fine, enough so I don't wake anybody. However, I can't hear any sound from menu navigation.

P.S: I'm not talking about menu navigation while the movie is playing, I know that menu navigation sounds are disabled when playing a movie.

IrmaIsfot

Portal Member
March 26, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I totally agree!

The menu sound should definitelly be louder.
I have just re-installed everything, and I'm not sure, but I believe the menu navigation is lower now than it was before...
Could it be an audio driver issue?

IrmaIsfot

Portal Member
March 26, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
A little bit louder..

I'm using SPDIF where the MP volume control does not seem to affect the level of the SPDIF. Nevermind, I change the volume of my reciever anyways.
However, the MP volume control does change the loudness of the menu sound effects! And the web streaming radio, and possibly regular music, which I don't use atm.

So, if your on SPDIF as well, increase your MP volume, and you might hear the subtle sound effects.

If you're not using SPDIF, or wants to increase the level even more anyways, open the small sound files found in the various skin folders and edit them to become louder. \MediaPortal\skin\Blue3wide\Sounds\ The relevant files seems to be back, click and cursor; ordinary wav-files.

Can probably be done with Audacity: Audacity: Free Audio Editor and Recorder

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom