SoundSpectrum Music Visualisations (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Soundspectrum has released last weekend a new G-Force version 3.5.7.
    This version requires a new SDK, which is not compatible with older versions.
    I've just commited a new version of mpviz.dll to SVN.

Using that older versions of G-Force no longer work.
    You MUST upgrade to 3.5.7.

The new SDK will also support SoundSpectrum WhiteCap and SoftSkies.
    I still have crashes on invoking SoftSkies and WhiteCAp, so it might take some time, before those are supported.

have fun,

Helmut

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it possible to let MP choose a visualisation randomly on song or album start? Or maybe even after a given time? Almost all visualisations become boring after a while (except for the full version of G-Force). It would be nice to not have to go to the setup to change the visualisation two times a week (I'm bored pretty quick :p ).

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yes, it's planned.

i'm currently working on some fine tuning the viz with Soundspectrum.
    after that i'll make it more dynamically, allowing a change of the vis via the context menu.
    When this is in place, we can have define switches allowing change of visualisation:

- manually via context menu
    - randomly after a song
    - after a given time
    - on startup of mp

NEI

Portal Member
    April 25, 2006
    How can i change the resolution of G-Force? It looks like crap on my HDTV. :-( I think it's at 800x600 instead of 1280x720

*EDIT*
    I was wrong! When I play mp3's everything is ok. G-Force with a nice resolution. But when playing an internet stream, then it seams not even to be G-Force. I think it is not using the same config for streams (BASS) but could not find where to change it.

Maybe somebody knows?

danpow09

Portal Member
    June 21, 2009
    Hi all,
    Maybe resurrecting a post as old of this is futile, but did anything every come of this? It'd be fabulous to have (any version of) softskies working from within MP(1.2+). G-force/Milkdrop etc are too fractally for my tastes.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I tried to get in touch with Soundspectrum several times in the past 2 years.
    They didn't respond at all.
    The API used is no longer compatible with any new version of SoundSpectrum, so this will no longer work.

My understanding is that there are some Winamp versions for that and you could try using tzhiese versions within MP.

danpow09

Portal Member
    June 21, 2009
    thanks for the response, Helmut.
    It is a shame that the API is not compatible. I'm currently using AutoHotKey to bring up the Softskies windows screensaver as an overlay to MP, but i lose all track change information etc :-( I'll have a look at the Winamp version and post any findings.
    Great work on all the music side of MP - I know you're a major contributor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom