[confirm] Spanish TSWRITER problem (1 Viewer)

gtivr4

Portal Member
February 16, 2010
Sorry for my english :-(

I have a Nova T-500 & Nova TD-Stick.
The Tswriter of versión 1.02 no problem.
But the TSwriter of 1.1.0 beta and the RC1, over 5/10 mins change PMT and proudly a step in the audio/video.

Two cards have equal problem

Thank you in advance

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Sorry for my english :-(

I have a Nova T-500 & Nova TD-Stick.
    The Tswriter of versión 1.02 no problem.
    But the TSwriter of 1.1.0 beta and the RC1, over 5/10 mins change PMT and proudly a step in the audio/video.

Two cards have equal problem

Thank you in advance

Hi,

I have exactly these two cards in my TV server, and have no problems at all.

Best wishes,

Mark

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Spanish TSWRITER problem

PMT version seems to change in the stream -> triggers a bug in TsWriter.
    in principle this is a wanted behaviour to inform tvserver about PMT version changes:

it's mandatory to switch to correct local progams (in this case PMT version changes). and it's used to record programs, that change the audio streams from one program to another (if we don't, we could miss audio streams).

the question is, why your broadcaster issues a new PMT version number in such frequency :confused: can you provide a full transport stream dump for analysis?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Spanish TSWRITER problem

it's mandatory to switch to correct local progams (in this case PMT version changes). and it's used to record programs, that change the audio streams from one program to another (if we don't, we could miss audio streams).

Few years back I did add dynamic PID detection into TsWriter.ax and it purpose was to react on such PMT changes on the fly. It should be still working, unless the code has been broken, or it was not handling all the cases? Basicly the reason was to support subtitle PIDs that many broadcasters are adding to the stream after recording / program was already started.

gtivr4

Portal Member
    February 16, 2010
    Tourettes, is posible a you open a BUG of these error? My english is very bad. ;)

Thank you, Sir.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Spanish TSWRITER problem

Few years back I did add dynamic PID detection into TsWriter.ax and it purpose was to react on such PMT changes on the fly. It should be still working, unless the code has been broken, or it was not handling all the cases? Basicly the reason was to support subtitle PIDs that many broadcasters are adding to the stream after recording / program was already started.

The "dynamic" pmt handling I have added in July 2009: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...andle-dynamic-pmt-switching-67326/index2.html

previously there was only a one time callback when the PMT was seen the 1st time. after my change it is done on every version change (check the svn log on this).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Spanish TSWRITER problem

The "dynamic" pmt handling I have added in July 2009: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...andle-dynamic-pmt-switching-67326/index2.html

previously there was only a one time callback when the PMT was seen the 1st time. after my change it is done on every version change (check the svn log on this).

PMT != PID :) Previously TsWriter was able to detect new PIDs (I know it as I implemented it and otherwise all my recordings would have failed to include subtitles as the subtitle PID was published later, when the first subtitle bitmap was sent into stream).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I guess it would be possible to solve such "bad behaving" broadcasters triggering the false PMT change. Just compare that if all else matches to the previous PMT content than the version information -> do not do the call back about changed PMT... unless some other code is also interested in the PMT version (caches it).

gtivr4

Portal Member
    February 16, 2010
    Only change the PMT, the audio and video pid's are equal.
    Have channel that ocurrs 10 mins, another 30 mins and other no error.

Here another TSWRITER.log made with a AVermedia Volar HX, equal error.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom