Sports Scores RSS Feed (1 Viewer)

paco83

Portal Member
October 29, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey guys, I am a recent convert to MP from Meedio, and these forums have been such a great help, and now i'm gonna try and give something back =).

This is a perl script i threw together to get up to the minute sports scores from Yahoo! Sports and create an RSS feed for My News. The RSS feed also includes the preview or recap article, if available. Currently it does require a web server (which workes well for me since i already had one setup on my HTPC), but i could put some work into a version that doesn't require a web server, but the updates would not be real time.

Hopefully some of you out there will find this as useful as i do :)

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/Download/Plugins/Web/SportScoreRSSFeed/

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    It would be great if you could provide a version which doesn't require a webserver!

paco83

Portal Member
    October 29, 2006
    Home Country
    How would like the updates to be run then? Manually from My Programs, or launching the script at startup with automated updates every ~15 min?

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    My vote goes to launching the script at startup and updating either every 15 minutes or whenever I click Update, whichever occurs first. (Unless of course that's not possible, in which case every 15 minutes would be great.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom