h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: LAN

I have TVServer Multi-seat working very nicely to two other MP Clients. Problem is I cannot get my preferred PC (the one detailed above) to connect to the freakin TVServer. All three clients are on the same network & subnet. They can all see each other (there are also no firewalls active) and all three can pull video content off the server drives no problem. I think (after trawling the forums) it is an SQL on this PC as opposed to SQL on the server issue. I have applied all the various SP's detailed elsewhere...still no joy. Log is attached.

I have also tried renaming the TVServer from its' host name to its' IP address. Again, the two clients that worked before continue to work fine....just this guy refuses to connect to the DB.

I think what I would dearly love is some kind of SQL client test tool...any idea's?

Thanks in advance

//copperwave

copperwave

Portal Member
June 7, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi- thanks for taking the time to respond. Did you come to this conclusion by looking at the logs? My TVServer is already set for a static IP address and is set to "Master Server". Are you suggesting I set it some other IP address or just to make sure it is set to what the network card is set to? Don't forget I already have it working fine to two other MP clients.

Thanks
//copperwave

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I had a similar issue a while ago.
    In the TV server console, check the IP address that the server is listed as, or is it listed as a server name?
    In the logs, it looks like the server is called HTPC.
    Check if the others are also using HTPC or if they are using the IP address. I find for best reliability it's best to always use the IP address to specify the server. This can eliminate any DNS issues or such.

It's just a wild guess, as I am about to head out so only had a very quick look but it doesn't hurt to try that.

Mouch.net

Portal Pro
    July 6, 2007
    La Calamine
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Maybe you can also check if your SQL server allows remote connections with Pipe and TCP/IP.
    a second point i'm not sure aout in the express version:
    standard version doesn't allow password authentication in the default configuration.
    maybe you can also check this.

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi- thanks for taking the time to respond. Did you come to this conclusion by looking at the logs? My TVServer is already set for a static IP address and is set to "Master Server". Are you suggesting I set it some other IP address or just to make sure it is set to what the network card is set to? Don't forget I already have it working fine to two other MP clients.

Thanks
    //copperwave

If you look in the TvServer error log you can see that it's trying to connect to 127.0.0.1. But if you have two clients this can't be the problem, do you remember what
    password you set during installation of TvServer?.

copperwave

Portal Member
    June 7, 2007
    Home Country
    In the TV server console, check the IP address that the server is listed as, or is it listed as a server name?

It is in as an IP address - the same address as the network card used to connect to the LAN with.

Hmmm, it was originally configured as this - but then the other two clients that can connect were happy with this.
    It has only changed to a fixed IP address following the various tips & tricks on the board - and even stranger...I am sure I have re-installed the MP client with the server set to an IP address...so where is it getting this from....is there some registry value left lurking around?

TIA
    //copperwave

copperwave

Portal Member
    June 7, 2007
    Home Country
    If you look in the TvServer error log you can see that it's trying to connect to 127.0.0.1. But if you have two clients this can't be the problem, do you remember what password you set during installation of TvServer?.

I used the default "MediaPortal"

//copperwave

burr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Hmmm, it was originally configured as this - but then the other two clients that can connect were happy with this.
    It has only changed to a fixed IP address following the various tips & tricks on the board - and even stranger...I am sure I have re-installed the MP client with the server set to an IP address...so where is it getting this from....is there some registry value left lurking around?

TIA
    //copperwave

Look inside MediaPortal.xml and search for the parameter "hostname" and look for the value?

/Mathias

copperwave

Portal Member
    June 7, 2007
    Home Country

TIA
    //copperwave

Look inside MediaPortal.xml and search for the parameter "hostname" and look for the value?

/Mathias
    OK - a trawl through MediaPortal.xml in \Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal comes up with:

<section name="tvservice">
    <entry name="hostname">192.168.2.210</entry>
    <entry name="preferac3">no</entry>
    <entry name="preferAudioTypeOverLang">yes</entry>
    <entry name="dvbbitmapsubtitles">no</entry>
    <entry name="dvbttxtsubtitles">no</entry>
    <entry name="audiodualmono">no</entry>
    <entry name="preferredaudiolanguages">
    </entry>
    <entry name="preferredsublanguages">
    </entry>
    </section>

This is the same as the working clients....any other idea's? Like I said I am sure the problem is at the DB connectivity level, not MP itself.

Regards
    //copperwave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom