stable (1 Viewer)

rolfey

Portal Pro
January 25, 2005
Hi, I just wondered if anyone like me is running RC2 server with a client on another system, and also running mdplugins actually has a stable system.

mine take ages to change channel, and crashed about 10 times a day, I would be interested to hear if anyone else has manged to get it really stable?

Mike

rolfey

Portal Pro
January 25, 2005
It's not just me then!!

I find that it's terrible, even if I just leave one channel running without changing it over night, almost without fail by the morning it's crashed, the TVservice I mean.
I have a batch file on the streaming server that first of all kills the TVservice, the restarts it whilst restarting the Media client Pc at the same time, this means when the client comes back up the TVservice is already up and running again, I do find this usefull and it means the kids can run this batch file as well without having to know what it does.

Mike

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I responded to this yesterday - but seems my response didn't post correctly..anyway!

I have my PC running 24/7 and its on for weeks at a time. I have to say its completely stable, its very rare that I have to restart the machine. However it is a single seat setup

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

MDPlugins are not supported by MP TV Server. Turn them off, if you still encounter problems, we can try to fiddle out the problem. If TV Server does not crash any more, the problem is tracked down to MDPlugins and you have to find a solution in their forums...

Flip.

rolfey

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2005
    Ok I've reinstalled mediaportal using the latest svn and it's made no difference at all, I'm absolutely convinced that it's the sat card, I have a Twinhan 1034 ci.
    it's almost as if there is a problem with the pci bus, and it can't handle the data throughput, but that shouldnt be the case at all as this is quite a new motherboard, I have a core duo and an 8800 nvidia graphics card.

Aso I'm running a raid 0 stripe and fast memory, there shouldn't be any shortcommings with my system at all, it just has to be the satellite card????

Any suggestion?

Mike

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    All you can do, is make asure you have the latest drivers, make sure you uninstall in device manager, before installing new drivers, as xp\vista have a nasty habit of holding onto old bits of drivers, then reboot and install new drivers, hopefully fine after that.

Also try and make sure all your motherboard drivers are installed, either from cd supplied or preferably from website.

Regards

rolfey

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2005
    I already did that, the newest drivers are installed already, I think the issue is down to the card, all I can do last resort is re-install windows, but I don't think that's going to make any difference.

I can either just live with the glitch, or I could go and get another card, if I did I would go and get one with a dual tuner anyway :)
    it seems as well when either a channel cannot be tuned to, either because the plugin wont decode, or the signal is just a little to weak, the constant crashing of the tvservice is super annoying.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom