Stacking /CD1 /CD2 (1 Viewer)

ithomso1

June 17, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi All!

I've been lurking on these forums for a while, reading what people are saying, recommeding etc.

However i've come to my wits end.

I have 600 Movies, mostly in the format

Z:\Movies\Movie1\CD1\Movie-a.avi
Z:\Movies\Movie1\CD2\Movie-b.avi

However there are some variations on the underlined section, could be -1, -cd1 etc etc

I'm having real difficulty in picking up the 2nd CD for a lot of these movies, to the point where its almost pointless using the nice interface.

If anyone has any ideas, that would be great, I'm open to renaming the files inside the CD1/CD2 Folders, however this would need to be done by some kind of Program/Batch file to take the time constraints out.

I'm using the latest version of MP and Moving Pictures,

Any help would be great.

MAny Thanks

Iain

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Well to begin with the folder structure you list is supposed to be supported. It looks like this is a bug. :( I am looking into this now.

[EDIT] I think I have the issue resolved. If you want to test an experimental build, send me a PM with your exact version number and I will try to put something together for you. [/EDIT]

As for what you can do now, are you aware of the ability to manually group files together in the Importer UI? For 600 movies this might be a bit of a pain in the ass, but it is one way to get things imported properly. You can read more information on the wiki.

Also, and this would require you to shuffle some of your files around, but there is an option on the Importer Settings tab to always group video files together that are in the same folder. This will depend on your folder structure but if each movie always has it's own folder then this will solve your problem.

If you would like to chat more about this jump on IRC and maybe we can figure something out.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I found this problem too.. I think its the -.. I rename all my files .cd1 etc before moving them to my watch folder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom