[Installation] Standalone MP (1 Viewer)

Vampiro

Portal Pro
January 29, 2008
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
How about one standalone version of MP? Without the need to install any OS?
Just Like a Live cd version...
:D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

• who will donate the needed amount of money for OS lisences?
    • who will gather all required drivers for thousands of different HW?

Not going to happen.

Vampiro

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal

• who will donate the needed amount of money for OS lisences?
    • who will gather all required drivers for thousands of different HW?

Not going to happen.

Just thinking in something like XBMC Live... Nothing more...

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Just thinking in something like XBMC Live... Nothing more...

Which would require a fully-fledged Linux port. Not going to happen.

Bear in mind XBMC started life as a Linux app. Its only recently that it transitioned to Windoze, so making a live-cd version of it was not much of a stretch, developmentally speaking.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    this would be a huge amount of work, plus money, something unviable for mp.

in my opinion even if it was not that amount of work, it is still not that holy grail. i do not think it is so much work to install windows and then mp.

plus making a livecd means:
    - a noisy cdrom drive spining,
    - slower transfer than from a hard drive
    - you would still need somewhere to store the settings
    - you use up a cdrom drive (so u need another to play cds&dvds)
    etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism of working with playlists in online broadcasts. Well, here you need to look at what is happening in the Media Portal player. And find someone who understands how it works.
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism...
    I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom