Standby resume issue is still there (1 Viewer)

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Using XP Pro SP@ original driver resuming from S3 is no problem

using MCE replacement driver, MCE remote stops working after resuming and MP crashes when quitting MP. using latest version of the plugin"

2007-10-28:
    - Modified IR learn method. This should improve blasting for some people.
    - Fixed repeating IR decoding in JVC, RC5, RC6 and NEC protocols.
    - Fixed Sony SIRC IR decoding, now works for 8, 12, 15 and 20 bit protocol variations (instead of just 15-bit).
    - Added Daewoo, Matsushita, Mitsubishi, Nokia NRC17, Panasonic, and Toshiba protocol decoding.
    - Attempted to fix Suspend/Resume problems. Please let me know if this still happens and what driver and Os you're using.

MCE remote log:

Start()
    WriteSync()
    00, FF, AA,
    Stop()
    WriteSync()
    FF, BB, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hopefully the next version will be better at dealing with the replacement driver. But, please don't use the replacement driver. There is just no reason any more.

I will try to get it working better, but I won't be putting much effort into it in the future because it's unnecessary... I'm considering dropping support for it to force people not to use it, that's how much I think people shouldn't use the replacement driver.

Just to be clear. There is absolutely no reason to use the Replacement driver with MCE Replacement Plugin or IR Server Suite.

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it. I will see what I can do.

It's good to hear that it's working with the default driver. Thanks.

Cheers,

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The feedback is to make help the dev's get feedback not to push for a quick fix :p

thx for the reply

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    tested with out replacement driver:

IR Server Suite - Debug - 2007-10-28.zip

With this version MP does not crash any more but the remote does not respond anymore.

And with removing the plugin I had to manually remove the hardware in device manager to get the old driver to work again.

THx for the great plugin and support

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom