Standby without restart MP etc. possible?

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Talk' started by JackTramiel, October 5, 2008.

1. JackTramiel
    • Premium Supporter

JackTramiel MP Donator

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Actually i am running Vista MediaCenter without any problems. TV works flawless, even after standby. It wakes up and sleeps in for recordings. Nice and absolutly surpising for me - after some tests i made with VMC some time ago.
    Had no problems now for 1 week without a reboot. And did not install MST Tool or something. Its just working.
    ( I am aware of the power scheduler coming with TVE3 )

So i ask myself if somebody got MP running this way. No "restart mp", "reinit tv card.." settings used etc.
    I am using a nVidia card and there is now also no problem with stuttering etc. , as the "restart mp..." mentions.
    It just nice to have the software running after few seconds wo/ seeing it restarting first.

Its not that i am unhappy with VMC for now, concerning TV part. Just want to use MP insted, as i did a long time now.
    VMCs media library and its playback - the way you can ( better say cant ) control it is the main reason for me.
    On the other hand i have VMCs stability and reliable standby - but i dont think this will be not possible with mp, too.

Short - are the mentioned options, like restart, always needed or just a workaround in case its not working without them?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tourettes
    • Team MediaPortal

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    That is currently broken in SVN. Also its only needed for some tv cards (with bad drivers mainly).

That happens only with XP drivers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JackTramiel
    • Premium Supporter

JackTramiel MP Donator

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Wow, that was a quick response. Thank you tourettes. Good to know that those settings shouldnt be necessary for me.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!