Start/resume windows session with showing the channel in full screen mode.

Discussion in 'Improvement Suggestions' started by taras, July 27, 2007.

1. taras

taras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Started on: 2007-07-27
    Last update:

Summary: Optional start/resume windows session with showing the channel in full screen mode.

Area: General functionality

Description: Do you know about WAF (wife acceptance factor). Of course you do. I am a big MP fan, however it is hard for me to convince my wife that MP is better than MCE because she does not care much about rich functionality: she wants PC+MP to work as normal TV. Press button - it is ON; Press again - it is OFF.

With current release (0.2.2) every time when I start PC or resume it from standby it can go to MyTV screen but I cannot force it to start showing the channel in full screen mode. I am talking about the same channel the was ON when last shutdown/restart/standby was requested. MCE+plugin can do this and I think MP should too.

Of course it is possible I just do not know how to configure MP to do such things.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gibman
    • Premium Supporter

gibman Retired Team Member

Developer
    Ratings:
    +1,372 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi!

I have previously suggested this to the team.
    It is indeed a good idea.

There should be an option somewhere in mp config that would make the user choose between ;

1) Show homescreen on startup.
    2) Show last active screen on startup.

A simple checkbox would be enough with the title "Show homescreen on startup".

this would work when starting MP up from scratch or resuming from standby/hiber.

Currently we have feature freeze, so implementing this might not happen right now.
    Although I'll try to look into it - maybe if the fix is easy to implement.

/Gibman

4. taras

taras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you Gibman. For such prompt replay.

5. gibman
    • Premium Supporter

gibman Retired Team Member

Developer
    Ratings:
    +1,372 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    I've just implemented this.
    Look out for rev. #364

It's now possible for MP to automatically recall the last used module when starting app from scratch or when resuming from hibernation/standby.

Look in MP config under general settings to enable it.

It even remebers the fullscreen state of the tve3 TVplugin.
    Now WAF score should have gained a few points.

It's tested here on tve3 multiseat on dvb channels.
    So obviously we need to test analogue and singleseat etc.

It doesn't resume divx movies or music tracks...or any other special context.
    If you turned off MP when browsing mymusic or any other plugin, then when resuming MP it recalls that plugin in it's initial state.

If it doesnt work for u - then simply deactive it from mp config.

Entering a powerstate (ex. hiber og standby) by using ur remote control is now a tad bit slower.
    This is expected since the faster way of doing it before didn't clean up properly so when it resumed several problems appeared.

/Gibman

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!