Start time-shifting on the fly (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

rtv said:
But please remember that current development only concentrates on bug fixing - so please be a little patient with requests ;)

Ahum, this is the "Feature request" forum. Isn't it? :wink:

By the way, I totally agree with this request. It is a very good feature, get that timeshift when you need it. It is more logical that way instead of having to enable it beforehand and perhaps never use it for the whole evening, slowing down channel shifting etc.

/Barsk

mowog

Portal Member
April 11, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Count me in -- I'd definitely use this feature if it was available, especially since (at least in my setup) timeshifting causes pretty significant unreliability in MyTV. With TS off, I get snappier channel changes and fewer cases where TV stops working altogether, whereas with TS on it's pretty common for MyTV to fail completely on channel-change requiring a restart of MP.

Turning TS on when it's first requested (at least with a 'pause', obviously it'd be no good trying to action-replay) would be something I'd use, no doubt about it.

Gigantor

August 20, 2005
Another vote for this feature.

I also find that enabling Timeshifting in MP leads to sluggishness and instability when changing channels - this often requires a restart. The idea of recording everything you watch is fine, but it would need to work far more smoothly for me.

I like the way timeshifting is handled in Showshifter. Recording starts when you hit pause, and continues until you press stop or change channels.

Just as a thought, it would be great if there was an option to record a 'buffer' of maybe 30 seconds or a minute in ram (perhaps a ramdrive or just a chunk of available memory). This would allow us rewind if something amazing happened, without contantly hammering the hard disk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player app does not support the file type. So I installed VLC. VLC does read the ts files but the TV's remote does not allow to control basic VLC functions like FF or FR or pause etc... Tried 1-2 other apps, even...
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
Hi, I'm wish to be able to watch the recorded TV (*.ts) files on my Sony Bravia Android TV but cannot. The default media player...
Replies
Views
@Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add application and add following application: Now go to settings/plugins/launcher/application menu and link sleep to the e.g. "Menu 1" Now map in settings/input devices/action shortcuts the configured...
@Greenhorn7 If you want to shutdown the PC by mapping a single button, you can do following. Go to settings/plugins/launcher/add...
Dear forum, I am having an issue with Flirc connected to MP2. Most keys are working fine, but when pressing the OK button, I am...
Replies
Views
I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video signal") on the TV I suspect the AVR has something to do with that. If I manually put the TV only into standby when TV is playing but paused then on wakeup I could not immediately take it out of pause and...
I tried setting the windows screensaver to power off the display on my MP1 HTPC but in fact it only blanks the screen ("no video...
Hi all, I´m using MP 1.30 at the moment and have a problem which also exists on my system on previous versions. So I don´t think...
Replies
Views
I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
Replies
Views
@CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very informative and detailed responses. I will take your advice and monitor the Scheduled recordings list for the discrepancies you have described. Cheers.
@CyberSimian As I have just posted in the MP2 subforum I will stay with MP1 for the time being. Many thanks for all your very...
I am in Australia. My problem is with recorded tv programs. Most times the program title and info are correct but quite often the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom