[EPG] Start Webepg Grab in MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
December 16, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Started on: 2010-03-16
last update: 2010-03-16

Summary:

Hello,

In MP 1.0.2 there was the wegepg.exe responsible for grabbing the epg. Sometimes the EPG hasn´t been grabbed completly, so some stations were missing. Before I just ran the webepg.exe to rebuild the EPG. After that the EPG has been grabbed completly.

NOW, Webepg is built-in in the TV-Server. It is possible to force a grab by clicking on the "Grab Now!" Button.

BUT there are two problems with the new "solution":

1) As I already discussed in the Bug-Section, this works as desigend, because when you click on grab now it is a function to test the grabbing in general.

2) I think it would be very useful, to have a possibility to start the EPG-Grab somehow "externally" like before. As mentioned above, we could run the grab by starting the webepg.exe.

For example I´ve got a button on my TV-Remote where I could start that program and so I could force the grab without touching my HTPC with Keyboard and Mouse. I think it would be much more useful if we could start it again from "outside". Maybe there could be implemented a "keyboard-function" or something like that where the user can run the webepg grab directly in mediaportal!?

Thanks for your attention :D

Area:

TV-Server / Mediaportal

Description:

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2012
    New York
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I know this is an old request, but I must +1 it.

I have set up WebEPG to get all my TV schedule data, but I would like the ability to start a grab at any time I choose. The reason is that my internet connection is not always turned on or available for my HTPC to use, so a scheduled grab may not always work. In that case, when I'm running MP and I notice that my EPG is empty, it would be nice to just hit a button on my remote and start a grab. I'd rather not have to exit MP, turn on my mouse, launch the TV-Server Config, navigate to the WebEPG plugin and hit that tiny "Grab Now" button.

It seems that earlier versions of WebEPG had an exe file which could be run at any time to start a schedule grab. Could we bring back something like this? Since I use the MyPrograms plugin, which lets me launch any program from within MP, I could use that to run an exe file and grab the data at any time.

Or just have a "WebEPG Grab" option built in to MP itself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom