Starting a video minimizes MP (1 Viewer)

bobolito

Portal Member
March 26, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I had RC1 working perfectly. After upgrading to RC3 now I am having problems starting videos from my library. I select a video title (which is an AVI file) and press OK on my Windows MC remote control (or Play) and instead of starting the video MP just minimizes. I have to use the mouse to bring it back to full screen and it goes back to the video listing. Then I try to play the same video again using the remote (exactly what I did before) and then the video plays fine. Why does it require a second try to start a video? This is annoying.

bobolito

Portal Member
March 26, 2008
Home Country
I discovered something. It only does that with DiVX encoded AVI files. Also, by pressing OK a second time brings back MP full screen and starts the video. It seems it has something to do with the DiVX decoder. I went from RC1 to RC3. I skipped RC2.

By the way, I tried to fix the problem by uninstalling MP completely and did a clean install. I deleted all my DB and everything. Didn't make any difference.

However, I found a solution! I selected the option "Keep MediaPortal Always on Top" in the General section of the configuration. That fixed the problem!

zanlation

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Home Country
Are the avi files XVID or DIVX? If you have DIVX installed, remove it, install XVID and this should solve the problem.

moesfeld

Portal Pro
September 27, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
You could allso use the Tool mentiond in this Forum (Divx toggle toolbar tool).
It works flewless for me.

Edit:
Before you patch divx you might have to copy config.exe to the folder where it used to be in the earlier releases of divx(C:\Program Files\DivX\Divx\) and then copy it back if you using a new installation.

bobolito

Portal Member
March 26, 2008
Home Country
Are the avi files XVID or DIVX? If you have DIVX installed, remove it, install XVID and this should solve the problem.

They are DiVX files. I don't have problems with XVID. I don't have either one installed (if you're referring to their individual packages). I just installed K-Lite Codec Pack which contains both DiVX and XViD codecs already.

But why bother messing with it anymore? At this point I found that by setting MP to "Always stay on top" has solved the problem. Thanks anyway for the suggestions.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom