1.34 STB blasting for IPTV (1 Viewer)

sm2389

August 23, 2024
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set top box into Mediaportal needs replaced with a different solution.

I currently have HDMI from the STB to the colossus. Mediaportal is controlling the STB through a USBUIRT blaster and the blaster is driven by the IRSS TV3 Blaster Plugin. It's worked wonderfully for many years.

My future configuration is planned to be identical from a command and control perspective. The capture portion will be replaced by a standalone HDMI encoder that serves out an H.264 network stream. I bought one, got it all set up and working fine.

I've managed to figure out the M3U file for adding channels and scanning a channel into the TV server channel list. I can see it in the guide and get the picture displayed in Mediaportal when I select it. I don't see any roadblocks in syncing my Schedules Direct EPG data with whatever channels I decide to add in when I do my real configuration. So far so good.

I've worked on this last piece for literally hours. I've read the guides and poured over these forums. I've tinkered. Endlessly. With each second that ticks by I can feel my sanity slipping though my fingers, little by little. It's driving me insane.

Can somebody please, for the love of all things holy, explain how I can tell Mediaportal to blast a channel change to the STB when I pick an IPTV channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom