STB->htpc connection - possible? (1 Viewer)

zutcorp

Portal Member
November 7, 2005
Video Card: geforce 5200 fx
[1. TV Card: haupauge 150 mce
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Viasat STB - controlled by MS remote
TV: Old sony crt
TV - HTPC Connection: s-vhs -> scart

Hello

I currently have my STB connected to my tv card via old school coax (?) antenna cable, and via a plugin I'm controlling the channels. After loads of fiddling its working rather well.

Now, we are getting fibernet in the neighbourhood, and im contemplating shifting my feed from satelite to internet based. This forces me to change my STB and the new one does NOT have the old coax antenna plug available. Theyve gone all new fangled and only have scart (along with some others - see addendum)

My question is: Ive included a jpg of the back of the new STB - which plugs can I use to get my signal from the STB to my HTPC, and still control the channelchanging with my MS remote kit.

I have a feeling im just asking a stupid question, but these connections is a sore spot in my HTPC knowledge - please enlighten me?

thanks in advance
/karsten, Denmark

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    which plugs can I use to get my signal from the STB to my HTPC, and still control the channelchanging with my MS remote kit.

You should be able to connect the STB to your Hauppauge 150 via the Composite (yellow RCA) or S-Video connector, and the 2 audio connectors (red & white RCA). The S-Video connection would give you slightly better video quality. MediaPortal should then be configured to use the S-Video input for your STB channels.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    What kind of STB is it? Kreatel/Motorola?

If so (and probably with lots of other brands), you can make the STB output s-video instead of RGB through the SCART-connector. Just use a SCART-s-vdieo adapter.

Composite is what you want to avoid.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    you can make the STB output s-video instead of RGB through the SCART-connector. Just use a SCART-s-vdieo adapter.

You don't need to bother doing that, as the STB unit already has an S-Video connector on the rear panel ...

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ouch... my bad :oops:

So does my Kreatel, but I have to disable RGB output through SCART to get it working right....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom