STB through capture on a digital card?? (1 Viewer)

robbz23

Portal Member
August 24, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: P4 3.4
HDD:
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: Nvidia 8800 GTS
Video Card Driver:
1. TV Card: LeadTek Winfast DTV1000 S
1. TV Card Type: Digital
1. TV Card Driver: 1.3.4.5009

Ok I have seen a lot of threads with similar problems that am having, but I have never found the solution. I have my digital card working fine for the few OTA channels that I can receive here in Sweden. My tuner card has a composite and svideo in that I have been able to get working through the given software and a small program called Open Video Capture. In this program it finds my capture card as "Winfast DTV1000 S BDA Analog Capture."

Within MP I only have one card listed and it comes in as "Winfast DTV1000 S DVBT Tuner." The problem that I have is I have no idea how to get the Svideo signal to map to a card or a channel. When i add a new channel I put the channel number in on the analog tab and set it to the SVIDEO drop down, and set the signal type to cable, but when I click ok it lists as "channel not mapped to card." How are you to add all your channels from a STB through svideo or composite inputs? Is the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml used anymore? Do I need to figure out how to make a profile here?

Once I can get the channels in I plan on using IRBlaster for the STB. I really want MP to work for me because I now have 3 different ways to get channels, OTA, IPTV, and through IPTV and our STB for encrypted channels.

chesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Your best bet is a HD-PVR to capture that. I know there's a way to use IRSS to send a blast to a STB and pick it up over the sVideo connection of your cable card, but I'm not the one to ask on how to do it. Good luck to ya.

robbz23

Portal Member
    August 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    well thats cool and all but the box doesn't support HD. It's actually a Telia IPTV box that only has composite, svideo and SCART out.

chesh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2009
    Spokane, WA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Well, then your next best bet is the 2nd half of that suggestion. You'll create all the channels, put the number in the analog tab, select SVideo, map all the channels to that card (under TV Channels -> TV Mapping), then you'll have to setup your blaster which in turn should send the signal to your box to change the channel when it is selected.

robbz23

Portal Member
    August 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thats exactly what I am trying to do but when I input channels manually, then go to mappings they aren't there. There is nothing under available channels just the ones that are already assigned to the DTV card by scanning the OTA channels.

hotpotato

Portal Member
    August 28, 2009
    Australia
    Home Country
    I also wanted the same thing for my leadtek DVT1000s.

I think the main problem is that MediaPortal did not detect there is a "capture card" with the Leadtek. (I also tried Windows 7, it too could only see the TV tuner card, not the capture card). While the Leadtek PVR software itself can detect both the Tuner and Capture card.

If you actually look into the registry for Leadtek, you can see there are two Video devices, one for the capture card, and one for the tuner card.

Maybe someone more familiar with MS Windows/Leadtek/Mediaportal can advice on how to detect this capture card.

robbz23

Portal Member
    August 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for saving me the hours it would have taken to move the card from my HTPC to my main Desktop PC (Win7). I was hoping it was just a driver problem. Do you think the problem has something to do with the capturecardsettings.xml?

Two questions...Where do you see the card in the registry? It has to be a problem with MediaPortal because that other little program found and could use the capture just fine.

hotpotato

Portal Member
    August 28, 2009
    Australia
    Home Country
    It is in the registry under the software leadtek.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Leadtek\WinFast\MultiMedia\Wizard4

The link below has a screen shot of the registry from the good guy who created the coolreciver remote plugin for leadtek remote.
    Install Instructions

robbz23

Portal Member
    August 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    BTW I tried installing and using Snapstream Beyond TV and it works fine using the Svideo or Composite with this card. So the problem is definitely with MP. Don't know where to turn now that no one will answer me here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom