Stops Responding When Press Play (1 Viewer)

Loose Nut

Portal Member
July 13, 2010
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC6
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Win7 Home Premium
CPU Type: Intel Celereon T3100 (Dual 1.9gh)z
HDD: 250gig
Memory: 2gig DDR3
Motherboard: Unsure (laptop)
Remote: Hauppuage
TV: Samsung 42" Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I'm having a pretty big issue. Everytime I try and play ANY video (My Vidoes, Movies, TV Series) MediaPortal stops responding. It just sits there and does nothing and is unrepsonsive. The only way to stop it is to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and close it from the tasks list (where it appears as not responding). This started happening after I setup MP TV Series. It happens when I have MP TV Series enabled, if I disable it I am able to play my movies fine.

This is the second time this same issue has occurred. After the first time I completely uninstalled all traces of MediaPortal and started again... only to have the same issue occur again.

I have no idea why it is doing this or how to fix it. 90% of my HTPC use will be watching TV Series so I really want to get it to work.

Can anyone see from my logs what is going on with my system?

Thanks for your help!

quake2rambo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Stops Responding When Press Play

When you disable MP-TVSeries an than it runs perfect, I think you schould find help here.
    Entries in the MP-TVSeries.log
    00000001 - 13/07/2010 8:54:14 PM - Can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api/<apikey>/mirrors.xml : The operation has timed out
    00000001 - 13/07/2010 8:54:14 PM - Warning: No mirrors received, nothing will be downloaded!

Loose Nut

Portal Member
    July 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks for your reply!
    Are you saying I should download that update? Or is there something else I should be looking at?
    Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom