Stops Responding When Press Play (1 Viewer)

Loose Nut

Portal Member
July 13, 2010
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC6
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: Win7 Home Premium
CPU Type: Intel Celereon T3100 (Dual 1.9gh)z
HDD: 250gig
Memory: 2gig DDR3
Motherboard: Unsure (laptop)
Remote: Hauppuage
TV: Samsung 42" Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I posted this is another section of the forum, but I think this section may be more appropriate. I apologies for posting this message twice.

I'm having a pretty big issue. Everytime I try and play ANY video (My Vidoes, Movies, TV Series) MediaPortal stops responding. It just sits there and does nothing and is unrepsonsive. The only way to stop it is to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and close it from the tasks list (where it appears as not responding). This started happening after I setup MP TV Series. It happens when I have MP TV Series enabled, if I disable it I am able to play my movies fine.

This is the second time this same issue has occurred. After the first time I completely uninstalled all traces of MediaPortal and started again... only to have the same issue occur again.

I have no idea why it is doing this or how to fix it. 90% of my HTPC use will be watching TV Series so I really want to get it to work.

Can anyone see from my logs what is going on with my system?

Thanks for your help!

Loose Nut

Portal Member
July 13, 2010
Home Country
There is nothing I can see in your logs, have you tried with another skin ie Blue3\Wide, what format are your tv-series saved as.

Yeah mate, same thing happens with those skins. My TV Shows are are XVids, however it happens with ANY video file. Once MP Tv Series is disabled they play fine though.

Suspect your intel graphics may not like something, so you might want to look at this thread and see if it helps https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/630745-post8.html

I'm not really sure what settings I should be looking at. If the video card was the problem would videos work when MP TV Series is disabled?

Thanks mate!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    "Suggest subtitles download on play action if not present"

The only play problem I could find linked to tv-series is the above setting, which is disabled by default and if enabled can cause this.

Have you tried pressing ok\enter ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom