Strange EPG / DVB Grapper behavior

Discussion in 'Electronic Program Guide' started by sieker, March 9, 2010.

1. sieker

sieker New Member

Java Developer
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    MediaPortal Version: 1.10 RC1
    MediaPortal Skin: Default
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    1. TV Card: HDHomeRun

I just installed MediaPortal and incountered a strange problem with the EPG.

I used the tvserver so find all my channels, and actived the default DVB-C EPG grapper (and put the idle time to 1min - just to check it gathered som EPG info). And sure enough after a minut i could find some EPG information in MediaPortal. I the went on to do other stuff, watch a movie ect. And when i wanted to watch some tv later all EPG information was gone.
    It only said, no EPG information available for this channel.
    I tried to delete all channels in the TV server and scan again - but with the same result. The first time i entered MediaPortal after the scan (and after the minut of idle time) it did find some EPG information, but later it was gone again.

I then tried to use the manual WEBEPG grapper, and eventhough it said that EPG information had been downloaded nothing showed up inside MediaPortal.

I then tried to take a look in the MySQL database, and i found that the program listings strange enough were in the table.
    So the data is there - but MediaPortal doesn't use them.

I hope You can help.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!