Strange Import result when using '&' char in folder names (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Strange Import result when using '&' char in folder names. Take this example I have:

Law & Order Criminal Intent
    ->Season 6

Law & Order Special Victims Unit
    ->Season 8

This imports successfully but results in the following:

Law and Disorder
    ->Season 6
    ->Season 8

For it to match successfully it needs to contain the '&' char.

Note: I edited http://tvdb.zsori.com/ to remove the colon ":" in the series name as this is not a valid char in a folder/file name. Now at least I dont have to manually find my series for shows such as CSI and Law & Order.

Damien

polargeek

Portal Member
    July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Except of course that the show's name is "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" as such I have returned the : to the show's name. Please do not rename a show to suit yourself. There are many other shows which have a colon in their name including two other Law & Order spinoffs.

The tvdb interface returns Law & Order: Criminal Intent as the second choice when Law & Order Criminal Intent is submitted. Assuming that this plugin allows you to choose from the available responses then you should choose that. If it does not allow that option then it should possibly be requested as all other plugins for other htpc systems allow for selection when multiple options are available.

Thanks,
    Paul

polargeek

Portal Member
    July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    And I apologize if my initial post seemed short I re-read it just now and it seemed slightly harsh. Thanks for your understanding though.

Paul

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thats cool, my fault for changing it ;)

btw the plugin does allow you select a choice so thats good.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Inker, would there be any reason why 'csi ny' does not return any results?

If I change it to 'csi: ny' it will pick it up or 'csi' I can choose.

[EDIT] Just realized it doesn't work on tvdb.com so that would explain that.

Damien

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I guess I'll need to make sure all the special characters get encoded before building the search url. & is a special character anyways because it is used as an And for the interface and it splits parameters by it.

Also, the : is a bit of a problem since your filenames can't have that. And if you search for "law & order criminal intent" (assuming the & is encoded propertly) it doesn't find anything, since the showname has a colon in the database ("law & order: criminal intent").

Any chance the search could be altered to take invalid path chars into account Paul? Even leaving out all the "special" chars in the search could help here. Or how do the other plugins handle that?

polargeek

Portal Member
    July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Also, the : is a bit of a problem since your filenames can't have that. And if you search for "law & order criminal intent" (assuming the & is encoded propertly) it doesn't find anything, since the showname has a colon in the database ("law & order: criminal intent").

Actually I just tested "law & order criminal intent" through the interface and the proper show is returned as the second option - The search on the webpage on the other hand would return nothing as it is a very literal search as opposed to the interface search which is a bit more of a fuzzy search.

I can look at making the search less picky but it's not real high on the list right now. Plus it's summer and I want real tan not a crt tan ;)

Paul

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    You should get yourself one of those LCDs then, I hear they're great ;-)

Nah, its fine if the interface does that, I just quickly tested with the online search and was surprised it didn't work, I assumed it used the same search method.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom