[TV] strange issue with recording (1 Viewer)

Stealth187

Portal Member
September 23, 2009
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 beta 1
MediaPortal Skin: blue3wide (it doesnt seem to matter which skin i use)
Windows Version: XP sp3
CPU Type: intel core 2 quad
HDD: 2X 500GB sata II
Memory: 4GB DDR2 (3.2 GB usable in system tab)
Motherboard: Asus PQ43
Video Card: Nvidia 7900 GTX
Video Card Driver: latest stable from website
Sound Card: Soundblaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
Sound Card Driver: latest stable from website
1. TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV Nova 500-TD
1. TV Card Type: Dual digital tuner
1. TV Card Driver: latest from website
MPEG2 Video Codec: Dscaler 5
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Dscaler 5
Remote:hauppauge 45 button
TV: LG L204WS
TV - HTPC Connection:VGA

I am not totally sure if this is a bug but when i install media portal sometimes it only lets me record 1 channel at a time (but my tv card is twin digital tuner) then if i uninstall and reinstall it will work fine but a while after no recording works which is what it is like now but if i reinstall i am confident recording will work again for a while.

i have included the log file named error if anymore log files are needed please let me know, i appologise if this is not a bug,

thanks, Stealth

edit, after reading the log i noticed it was complaining about dialogue.dll (i have no idea what it actually means) so i took that file from the folder then started media portal again then after i had to ctrl alt del out of the program i think then i put the file back and it worked like it should for a while and has now done it again, i have also realised it is not just recording it is if i click any of these items nothing happens;

active recordings, sheduled recordings, and if i click things which would normally display a "dialogue box"

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    please

• close MP
    • delete all logs
    • reproduce the issue
    • quite mp
    • run our "Log collector" from Start menu->Programs->Team MediaPortal
    • attach the resulting zip file here

Simone

Stealth187

Portal Member
    September 23, 2009
    it seems this error only occurs when starting mp using the hauppauge remote, i have no idea why this is but everytime i start the program by the shortcut it works fine so i suppose it is not a media portal issue.

sorry for taking your time,
    thanks,

richard

matjam

Portal Member
    September 11, 2009
    So does the remote use the irremote.ini file to launch MediaPortal?

And if so, is the launch command in the file exactly the same as the target in the desktop shortcut for MediaPortal?

Stealth187

Portal Member
    September 23, 2009
    yes, it is the irremote.ini which i added the mediaportal.exe file to like this "D:\MEDIAP~1\MEDIAP~2\MediaPortal.exe" (you cannot use full length folder names in the path), i just checked the shortcut and it deffinately points to the same executable and if i go to that folder and open that exe everything works fine. Also so it must be to do with the remote driver but i cannot see why it would be any different regardless of how i link to the exe file.

I don't mind having to click the shortcut it is just a bit of an inconvenience but atleast i know what it is that is causing the issue.

Either way i think this means this is not a bug so should i get this thread deleted or something?

Thanks, Richard

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have you tried putting the path to the desktop shortcut in the 'irremote.ini' file instead of the direct path to the executable ?

Another thought is running MP via a batch file launched from 'irremote.ini' - then you can use things like the 'start' command to run MP which gives more control over the runtime environment.

I suspect that the software enviroment may be different when 'irremote.ini' launches MP compared to Windows explorer launching it.

Tony

Stealth187

Portal Member
    September 23, 2009
    if i linked to the shortcut in irremote.ini irremote would just crash lol, but i made a batch file and it worked perfectly :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom